Lightest metal dice. Ever. Only 1.5 grams

32859382066_97a13b6cb9_z.jpg

It’s lighter, innovative, yet beautiful and functional. Starting from the CUBBLE Dice concept, stripped it from everything that made it metal heavy. Only the essential part was kept: the PIP display - the new HOLLOW dice is built on a groundbreaking idea, and it’s ready to be yours.

32519709610_8912d3f9a7_z.jpg

We have completely overhauled the traditional D6 dice again, producing a die unlike anything the world has ever seen. Made of anodized aluminum, this dice has no inside, making it an empty shell. An inverted version of dice that we already funded successfully, this dice weighs just 1.5 grams, making it perfect for anyone who loves tabletop and dice-based games.

32519713200_eb588ab94d_z.jpg

Processing these dice requires a lot of time and multiple steps. Not to mention that the die is so easily bent during the machining process, we need to pull together some additional resources for this dice. Making manufacturing more of a challenge for us.

32859381516_93c8fdfa13_z.jpg

32900136255_656a92c0a9_o.jpg

More about this project on kickstarter.com and search "Hollow" or click here

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging from the campaign page, they are new layouts using the positive space, including the little sidebars. It would be tough to read at a distance without some practice, I imagine. The face with four dots in the middle is actually the 'six' face, because of the two side bars on the edge.

The one with the big dot in the middle appears to be the 'five' side, with the four side bars. The one is a block coming from one side to the center.

Edited by pinkymadigan

Judging from the campaign page, they are new layouts using the positive space, including the little sidebars. It would be tough to read at a distance without some practice, I imagine. The face with four dots in the middle is actually the 'six' face, because of the two side bars on the edge.

The one with the big dot in the middle appears to be the 'five' side, with the four side bars. The one is a block coming from one side to the center.

I read your answer after I replied to @Godlike, but yes, you are correct. A bit of practice is required, and you are also right regarding interpreting the pips. 

• Like 1

If the die is "easily bent during the machining process" (did I read that right?) what keeps it from being easily deformed when dropped into a dice tray?

That occurred to me as well, as a dice pouch kind of guy...

I assume they're more resilient to normal use and that the actual machining process is what is forceful enough to cause warping--eg:  if you use a bandsaw and engraving tool to make wooden dice, you have a huge potential to destroy them during fabrication, but they work fine once made.

So the blue parts are metal?

These look lopsided for weight. Have they designed these things for balanced rolls?

Yeah, they say they've tried to make sure there is the same amount of material on each face of the die.

I have to wonder if the nearest corner in the picture is a heavier corner than some of the others. :unsure:

Edited by TGP

Dice made of anodized aluminum. So everything is metal, the blue and the silver color.

I don't think they're perfectly balanced, since it's pretty hard to do it in a shell like this, but from the video they look like they roll pretty good.

So the blue parts are metal?

These look lopsided for weight. Have they designed these things for balanced rolls?

Yeah, they say they've tried to make sure there is the same amount of material on each face of the die.

I have to wonder if the nearest corner in the picture is a heavier corner than some of the others. :unsure: