Sign in to follow this  
knarthex

March Hangout Figure of the Month: Goblin Shaman

Posted 12 February 2017 - 10:25 PM

We have reached a consensus for the March Mini...

(sort off)

Going with Chaos wolf's theme of building a warband is the following:

02876_G.jpg

Goblin Leader & Shaman
Ben Siens

In Metal

In Bones

This would give us an apprentice spell caster for March, and a Barbarian / warrior / knight for April....

Price is pretty nice in metal, but I realize some folks may already have the bones version.....

I will be placing my order on Friday when the Trista mini comes out in metal :wub:

Need the new Domor mini as well....

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 9

People have wondered about the hangout mini of the months "Rules".

The answer is that there are none.

the reason for doing this is the same as for painting minis, to have FUN.

The other reasons are, in no particular order are

• It is interesting to talk to other folks painting the same mini in real time
  • to see different peoples views on painting the same mini
  • to be able to ask questions, and advice, from other people working on the same mini in real time. (IE "what is the thing hanging around his neck, on his belt,etc"

There are no pressures to joining, join in if you like, if you finish, great! if not, no big deal!

There are no prizes, except of course that you have a painted mini!

So join in and paint with us, or follow along and see what we do!

George

• Like 8

I like this idea, good fun I think.

Maybe I should re-arrange the house so that my pc is next to my painting desk.  Buying a webcam would also have to happen I guess.

• Like 2

Chaoswolf, the Haminister of Truth, and myself all think the more the merrier!

(We are hanging out as I type this...)

I like this idea, good fun I think.

Maybe I should re-arrange the house so that my pc is next to my painting desk.  Buying a webcam would also have to happen I guess.

Could use a smart phone / tablet....

Yo don't need a camera, as many folks just leave them off and talk.....

then you can't show what you are doing, but you can see what we are doing...

• Like 2

Love the idea, which I could get on more often. 

well find a night that works for you.....

chances are, I will be on.....

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'll be able to resist doing both minis at the same time. Maybe I'll pull out some other goblins to distract me...

• Like 1

I'm not sure I'll be able to resist doing both minis at the same time. Maybe I'll pull out some other goblins to distract me...

That's what Buglips said. ..
  • Like 2

You know, I keep coming back to this, and it seems like a stankier version of "That's what she said..." :zombie:

Edited by David Brawley
  • Like 5

I'm going to pair each with a bunch of my other Siens goblins to stretch it out.

• Like 4

I'm going to pair each with a bunch of my other Siens goblins to stretch it out.

Gahhhh!

and army of Stanky Goblins.......

:devil: 

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By DragonWyrm
      Now, I have a pile of unpainted stuff. Time to reduce it by some amount. I got all of these from Bones 4, but I think that the rank and file goblins are from the previous kickstarter.
      Since I didn't want to play around with the poses I started experimenting with colour choices. Some classic orange, modern green, royal violet, baby pinks, icy blue and even a grey sorcerer.
      Some other points:
      Batch painted (apart from the experiments) NMM (it really teaches you much when you do it for large amounts of figures, I really love Prussian Blue and wet blending really helps in NMM) Experimented with using Vallejo spray paint: it gets somewhat tacky when it dries for a while, but that disappears when you paint over it with acrylic paint.
      Overall I like the detail on them, but some poses could be more generic for the rank and file goblins. In my personal the large sabre goblin is the worse of, it is a fun and interesting pose, but it only works for 1 goblin. 

Now the photos are not the best (it was getting dark when I got the time to take them. Plus I have yet to make a good photo shoot)

Let us start with Modern Green. The right hand side goblin has one of the better NMM sabres. Currently they have a gloss varnish. 

Royal Violets and Baby Pinks: Both violets and pinks work. Sadly the photo for the violets didn't come out well, so you only get a top down shot of them. 

I also found an old metal miniature at my local hobby store, so I included them here. If anyone knows where it is from I would appreciate if you could tell me: 

Classic Orange: Now my favourite pose from the rank and file goblins is the spear. You can rank them up and they look like a real army! And they have a pose that works for defence, retreat and attack. The photo doesn't really do them justice

Icy Blues and Grey Sorcerer: The sorcerer is a really nice sculpt. He has a nice pet spider on his back. sadly the sun was already pretty low and all other photos didn't come out well. 

I painted the spider as a RedBack. See a lot of them here. 

Armoured Goblins: they are fun, really like those sculpts. There was another armoured goblin in Bones 4  (I previously posted him). I don't think he really fits in with these as a goblin.

• By ttuckerman
      Felicitations on your personal solstice!
    • By WhiteWulfe
      The Al Fasid, also known as "The Corrupted", are HaqqIslam's heavy troopers that will get the job done no matter the cost.  Their methods aren't always the prettiest, and they're never the stealthiest, and they have their own tricks they bring with them to the table.  They don't care about glory, and are solely chosen for their solid record of getting the job done.  Some enjoy it, some are in it for the solid paycheque, and others do it because the only thing theyy know what to do is fight.  Today I have the HMG version, who also conveniently carries a grenade launcher that can shoot either regular grenades to keep enemy heads down, or smoke grenades to provide additional cover.  Oh, they also pack anti-personnel mines with them too...

Since the "tactical rock" under his right foot kind of looked rather strikingly like the backpack for a Yu Jing (even though I'm not having any luck finding models to confirm this), I decided to try and test out my planned colour scheme for them.  That's right, I'll be going with a dark raver / cyberpunk burnt neon pink for their general colour, because why not - I'm going with hot orange for my Haqq...
    • By Pineapple
      Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/84371-2019-rpchallenge-questionsannouncements/
      All the information you need should be here.

As a change of pace from the Hard Mode Challenge, this round will have a Skill Challenge.

May and June 2019 Challenge

Your challenge is: 9!

Bonus Challenge: The First!
      "Mayday!" is an international distress signal used in verbal communication in ships and aircraft.  Your first bonus challenge, should you choose to accept it, is to paint a miniature in some distress.  This could be a diorama, an adventurer falling into a trap, villian whose weapon just broke, or anything else your mind can conjure.

Bonus Challenge: The Second!
      The Solstices: June marks the beginning of Summer in the Northern Hemisphere and Winter in the Southern Hemisphere.  Paint a miniature or a pair of miniatures showcasing this duality.

Skill Challenge: OSL
      Try your hand at painting a miniature using OSL or Object-Source Lighting.  If you feel like this is something that is already in your wheelhouse, work on your technical skills in another area.  Practice NMM, TMM, wet-blending, sculpting, or anything else you've been meaning to try.

As always, the game is made up and the points don't matter!
    • By WhiteWulfe
      Being that this is the figure that was the biggest reason why I picked up the Hassassin Bahram Sectorial Starter Pack (say that three times fast ), I was suspecting he'd wind up on my painting desk sooner or later...  I just didn't realize he'd have the honour of being the first finished this year, as well as my first finished Infinity miniature!

At some point in the near future I'll acquire some S2 holoprojector tokens for him, as actual 3D representations are nice.  Not sure where from, but I like my current Art of War Studios things, so probably theirs.

Oh, and for those who might be curious, that's a Global Evil Corp UniPod with two StairPods (well, one pack) in the first three pics, fourth one is a DuoPod with a StairPod alongside it.  Sadly no magnets yet for the terrain, but they're on the way, and will get here at some point
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)