Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Jovian Wars - Resin Spaceship Miniatures

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heavygearblitz/jovian-wars-resin-spaceship-miniatures?ref=category_newest

Project to make new high quality resin spaceship miniatures for Dream Pod 9's Jovian Wars - Tabletop Wargame, with clear acrylic bases.

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

About this project

65b9dc57061259e3b3bcce2dba54beb9_originaJovian Wars Kickstarter Initial Funding and Stretch Goal 1 to 4.

We will updating the image above as stretch goals are unlocked and adding new ships and parts stretch goals.

Here is a link to our Pledge Calculator excel file that you can download and use to easily calculate your pledge to enter in the Kickstarter.

The Jovian Wars Kickstarter is to make a series of new high quality resin spaceship miniatures for the Jovian and CEGA factions of the Jovian Wars - Tabletop Wargame. These new spaceship miniature will be 1/4000 scale (about 3" to 5" in length) with the larger parts cast in high quality grey resin, smaller parts like the weapons and engine fins cast in pewter. They will each include a stand that will be laser etched and cut clear acrylic base with clear acrylic post. Checkout our proof of concept photo below with the remastered Poseidon for CEGA and Valiant for Jovian, to see how the final spaceships will look on their acrylic bases and acrylic rods, shown with a few of the pewter fleet scale exo and fighter squads primed in grey on their bases in front.

85df50de83d373df4f90071578de43fd_originaRemaster Valiant and Poseidon on Acrylic Bases with Fleet Scale Exo and Fighter Squad Bases in front.

We are making all the new ships modular with standard connection points between the parts. Easy assembly is our goal with Engines, Cargo, and Habitat sections that have a large peg in the front to match holes in the back of the Cargo, Habitat and Forward Hull sections. We have also added small centered pilot holes on all the large pegs and in the holes for easy drilling and pinning of the parts if the players want. Plus we have standard pegs on the sides of the forward hull sections to mount weapons, which all have matching holes in their underside. We even have these same standard pegs on the sides of the habitat ring or pod sections so players can customize their ships with small cargo containers and other parts, that are planned as stretch goals during the Kickstarter.

All Backers that pledge at our Pilot, Captain or higher reward levels will receive 1 of the Kickstarter Backer Exclusive Jovian Wars Acrylic Turning Templates with their rewards. We also have a full line of Exo-Armor and Fighter Squads for the Jovian and CEGA factions that are available for an extra pledge as Add-Ons. All prices in this Kickstarter are in Canadian Dollars ($CAD) as we are based in Canada, at launch $1 CAD was worth about $0.76 USD with a 1.31 exchange rate. So the Captain Reward Pledge Level of $88 CAD is about $67 USD, a $24 CAD ship is about $18 USD, and $20 CAD ship is about $15 USD.

The Jovian Wars Rules are still in Beta Playtesting right now and are available as a free download pdf on DriveThruRPG, click the link below to get your copy and try them out.

I feel like I'm going to pass as well, since they don't fit in with the rest of my spacecraft figures... but then I remembered that one B5 ship I have, and this would fit in with that. Sooooo... set to remind.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iain-lovecraft/asian-adventures

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/initiativerod/the-legendary-rod-of-initiative?ref=discovery_category_newest

Story
      Brothers Forged Campaign Supplies is a small business formed from the fellowship of an adventuring party. We have collectively been playing Dungeons & Dragons since the '80s. Now, with our diverse skill set, and months of building and testing prototypes we are prepared to create and launch this project.
      "Roll Initiative!"
      Two of the most exciting words to hear (or speak) in an adventure. But tracking initiative can be a major distraction from the action unfolding. Brothers Forged have tried many methods to keep players immersed during this process. None to our satisfaction. Until now.
      The world is untamed and wild regions abound. Monsters could be hiding around every corner, and sometimes they show themselves when you least expect it. And when they join combat in a later round, adding them to your initiative tracker can be a distraction from the gaming experience. When they are killed, removing them from the tracker is yet another interruption. Finally there is an easy way to add and remove creatures and enemies quickly and easily. With handcrafted wooden dry-erase compatible nameplates - that affix themselves to the tracker via the power of magnetism - it's incredibly easy to create space and shuffle the initiative order about while maintaining the immersion that makes Tabletop Role Playing Games (TTRPGs) so much fun.
      Behold, the power of magnetism! (actual tracker not self-assembling) The Legendary Rod of Initiative has vastly improved our gaming experience and now we want it to improve yours as well!
      How We're Going to Make It Happen
      Like a wizard preparing spell components for conjuration in a later battle, we have been building, testing, and revising the Legendary Rod of Initiative, at last conjuring it into creation in its current incantation. We have searched the shops of many towns and villages to gather all of the components and sourced the raw materials needed to scale production in order to deliver the Legendary Rod to the gaming community at large. The forge has been ignited, and the Brothers are ready to begin production.
      Right now, we need your help raising the gems, gold and silver coins needed to begin manufacturing. The funds raised by this campaign will be used to purchase the necessary components, keep the forge lit, manufacture, and ultimately deliver the Legendary Rod of Initiative across the realms!
      Pledge Rewards
      An original PDF adventure created by Brothers Forged. Delve into the lair of a unique dragon that possesses the power of magnetism and attempt to recover the Legendary Rod of Initiative -  a powerful magickal artifact.
      Includes maps, pre-generated characters, and the necessary information to GM and play the epic adventure. Based on 5e ruleset, recommended for 4-5 players, levels 5-10.
      Take your quest to new heights and play your character with more confidence! Track your initiative with a custom nameplate laser etched with your character's name (or a monster, or NPC, or BBEG, or your favourite animal companion's name). Built with the same awesome magnetic force that makes your party's Legendary Rod of Initiative so magickal. Up to two lines of text, 10-12 character limit per line.
      Actual nameplates will vary from those shown above.  A custom designed limited edition t-shirt featuring your choice from the evil dragon trifecta - red dragon, green dragon or blue dragon.
      Close-up of dragon artwork. All shirts will be black in color, with various sizes available. If your pledge includes this reward let us know your size and dragon colour in the Backer Survey after the campaign.
      Pledge for this reward tier and you'll get:
      1 Limited Edition Dragon T-shirt (your choice of dragon colour - red, green or blue) Quest for the Rod of Initiative (PDF) The original Brothers Forged Hex Dragon Dice Chest, available in Rustic Maple (stained a dark brown), Natural Maple, or Red Oak. Each chest is crafted from domestically sourced hardwoods, emblazoned with the head of a furious dragon. We use a beautiful oil finish that feels great in your hands. Each chest's interior has enough room for a set of 7+ standard polyhedral dice and includes a special hexagonal enclosure to keep your precious d20s separate. Plus, each chest includes a bonus 20-sided die for free!
      Examples of Hex Dice Chest finishes (dice shown, not included). Three different finishes available - your choice! Keep those dice safe; the dragon is on the outside guarding them for you!   Don't leave your dice's luck to chance, 6 strong magnets and innovative inset lip ensure each half is securely fastened shut to keep your dice, and your luck, as safe as can be. These will look awesome at your table during your next session.
       Pledge for this reward tier and you'll get:
      1 Hex Dragon Dice Chest (your choice of finish - Rustic Maple, Natural Maple, Red Oak) Bonus d20 die! Quest for the Rod of Initiative (PDF) You've waited your entire gaming life for this - an easy way to track initiative on the fly. Be ready for anything with the Legendary Rod of Initiative from Brothers Forged.
      The Legendary Rod of Initiative in all its glory.  
    • By Artyphex
      (forgive me, very new to the forums) 

Andowyn Thrushmoor!
      It's been awhile since I've painted a plain ol' character miniature. I spent the better part of today working on her and I’m overall pleased with how she came out. I really want to double my skill level by the time Bones V is delivered and I’m proud of my progress! Slowly but surely figuring out how to do faces, this one looks pretty okay, though her right eye is funky.

Since this is my first form post, the picture is her next to my first miniature! It's about four years old and I keep it around the rest of my collection in a place of honor

• By kodiakbear
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/caverns-deep-by-dwarven-forge-handcrafted-game-ter/description

If anybody here loves cavern terrain and missed DF's first cavern KS KS2, this spring/summer around June DF will have KS6. The theme of KS6 will be Return to the Caverns and should be great fun for those who took part in KS2 or those who are new to DF.

DF had this to say and showed the below teaser pics

We're doing for Caverns what Dungeon of Doom did for Dungeons. A whole new batch of fun pieces to enhance your existing collection, but also completely stand-alone.

Some of the key features:
      New Core Shapes (diagonal wall, convex curves, 1" pieces, etc)
      Passages
      Elevation (with stuff that's impossible on graph paper...)
      Negative Space pieces (and new Terrain Trays)
      Flashy Pieces (Magnets & LEDs)
      Large pieces (4x4 and larger)

• By Knight of the Dinner Table
      This looks like a very interesting board game with lots of new, fresh ideas and cool artwork (and nice minis - there is even a pledge level for just the minis: around 15 of them for $20 plus shipping):

About this project

It's a harsh but lucrative business being a mercenary out on the edge of civilization. You must explore the harsh wilderness and engage in deep tactical combat, where the decisions you make have an impact not only on your own character, but also the world around you.

Gloomhaven is cooperative game of card-driven combat set in a persistent fantasy campaign which will change and grow as you play the game.
      There is always more to unlock and explore in the world of Gloomhaven.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1350948450/gloomhaven/description
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 57 Guests (See full list)