knarthex

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!

Beeker (Guy with the tuft of red hair) is an extra, but when it came time to paint up the thugs, I needed 4, and there were 5 in the pack, soooo......

I was a little worried about all the metal beams and such making it look out of time / place....

Guess I will need to build more!

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 3

Thanks!

Beeker (Guy with the tuft of red hair) is an extra, but when it came time to paint up the thugs, I needed 4, and there were 5 in the pack, soooo......

I was a little worried about all the metal beams and such making it look out of time / place....

Guess I will need to build more!

We never worry about a little futuristic anachronism creeping in.  In a world of magic, especially one where Chronomancy is a legitimate practice, who knows what oddity from the future may work its way into the local architecture.  

• Like 3

They look great all together like that; very nice unified look you accomplished with them. Two thumbs up!!

And, yes those 40k ruins work fairly well as fantasy ruins, too. I believe some of those kits look a whole lot more 'techy' than some of the others; maybe avoid or minimize using them.

• Like 2

They look great all together like that; very nice unified look you accomplished with them. Two thumbs up!!

And, yes those 40k ruins work fairly well as fantasy ruins, too. I believe some of those kits look a whole lot more 'techy' than some of the others; maybe avoid or minimize using them.

I will have to look through the sprues and see what will work best for Frostgrave...

There are a lot of sprues...

• Like 1

Very nice, they blend together well enough to look like a band, but are varied enough to be able to differentiate them easily. And the terrain works great - I didn't even notice the metal beams until you pointed it out. I suppose you could convert them to wooden beams if you were really strongly inclined. But the skulls, cold stone, gothic arches and spiky railings are what drew my eye, and they fit the theme really well.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By knarthex
      So....
      Cinder didn't work out for my return to hobbying, so I decided to try something a bit less ambitious....

Reading back through past projects, I saw one of the hangout minis of the month was Blacktounge, Gnoll Ranger from Reaper, and remembered that I had picked up this set at a paint day with the New England Miniatures folks at the Citadel games store....

I figure if I can follow my old WIP, I won't be stressing to much, and I will have another figure to add to the Frostgrave warband that was started so long ago,,,,

So the 2 got assembled and puttied, and now the never ending search for minor mold lines can begin when the putty is dry...

thanks for taking a look!
      Wish me luck!!!!

• By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...

On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.

• By knarthex
      SO....

Due to Brain Weasels and other Real Life Issues, I haven't been doing much, really almost no, fantasy painting...
      One of the things I have been doing is looking at old WIPs, and suddenly the desire to paint a DRAGON, came over me....

So here is the start of my new work on Cinder, #10014, in METAL...

Hopefully, I can keep up the sudden burst of enthusiasm....

So planning on mold line hunting, and trying to decide what color to paint this dragon...
      As I am old school, the webbing between the back spines is leading me to green, but need to check the books to see which way to go....

About time you returned from the place I couldn't reach you minion......

OMG, please not again....

any and all comments gratefully ignored....
      Knarthex
    • By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here are pictures of 77105, Kagunk "Voorhees" the Ogre Chieftain sculpted by Tre Manor. This is the Bones version of the model.
      I added the axe blade on its spiked club, mounted it on a 2 inches square base and painted it with Reaper MSP paint.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, after sitting five months on the shelf, that being the projet (not me)  I finally found time to complete my Gnolls display base. The base is 7.25 inches x 11 inches wide. Here are some pictures.
      Other pictures of the Gnolls can be found here.