RIP George 'The Animal' Steele

Chaoswolf

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love "The Animal" with his green tongue and ripping apart the turnbuckles with his teeth. He wrote an autobiography a few years ago that was good. Prior to wrestling he was a hs teacher and coach. He is in the Michigan (?) Coaches Hall of Fame. He also played pro-football when the NFL had a minor league system in the 1960s.

Y'know, it's interesting how many of the wrestlers over the years have been educators or gotten a degree in Education at some point before or after their wrestling careers... George the Animal...Bob Backlund... In the newer generation there's Maven, Jason Damico (Syther) and Matt Bloom (A-Train) who were teachers, Kane was a substitute teacher for awhile, Kurt Angle has a degree in Education, and Scott Steiner almost became a math teacher.

Y'know, it's interesting how many of the wrestlers over the years have been educators or gotten a degree in Education at some point before or after their wrestling careers... George the Animal...Bob Backlund... In the newer generation there's Maven, Jason Damico (Syther) and Matt Bloom (A-Train) who were teachers, Kane was a substitute teacher for awhile, Kurt Angle has a degree in Education, and Scott Steiner almost became a math teacher.

Almost like they have some tension to work out...
  • Like 3

Boo.  I watched pro wrestling and the classics until the WCW buyout.

That being said.  I am sad to see the him pass.  I wish his family well

This is the third WWE star this week :down:

(Chavo Guerrero Senior died a few days ago, and Nicole Bass just died as well). 

Edited by Darkmeer

Boo.  I watched pro wrestling and the classics until the WCW buyout.

That being said.  I am sad to see the him pass.  I wish his family well

This is the third WWE star this week :down:

(Chavo Guerrero Senior died a few days ago, and Nicole Bass just died as well). 

And now Ivan Koloff as well.. 

:down:

This is (yet again) not a good time to be a current or former WWE star.  I have seen some of Ivan's work.  He was good.  A loss to the community as a whole.