Sign in to follow this  
Jasper_the_2nd

Jasper Delves into the Shelves of Shame

It really should be shelves and trays and boxes and cases and drawers and cupboards...

As I try to get my painting room organized I keep being frustrated by where to put all these assortments of random partially painted, primed, and unprimed but assembled loose figures that I have in every conceivable container.  So I decided I should really try to finish some up.  They will be a good change of pace or when I'm tired of whatever I'm working on, or good motivation when I'm having trouble getting going (that's why I grabbed some today).

Now some of these are big enough groupings that they will get their own threads, like all the Clan War stuff, the entire VOID Syntha army, the Chronopia stuff, etc but the misc bits and bobs will end up here.

Starting out we have:

post-8239-0-93981700-1487393348_thumb.jpg

I "think" the ballistae and catapult (onager?) were from megaminis.  The multi-barrel cannon I picked up at the game store back close to 2 decades ago and have no idea who made it.

I haven't done anything to the cannon yet except dust it a bit.  The catapult was started, I just finished the wood to match.  One ballista had the wood done, I did the other two to match.  The "paint" used is the old Reaper Pro Paint Wood Shade Ink.  Painting it over straight white primer gives that result.  That's how I did wood back in the day..... Not sure what I'd use to highlight it....

• Like 9

It doesn't match anything I've found images of for GW (or anyone else for that matter).

It's a cool little piece, which is presumably why I picked it up, but no markings on it or anything.

• Like 1

It doesn't match anything I've found images of for GW (or anyone else for that matter).

It's a cool little piece, which is presumably why I picked it up, but no markings on it or anything.

Is it a 28mm or a 15mm organ gun?

Yay, go you!

Clear that shelf!

You can do it like nobody's elf!

Gooooooo team!

• Like 2

Found some time to work on the ballistae over the weekend.  

post-8239-0-19449600-1488219759_thumb.jpgpost-8239-0-13091800-1488219758_thumb.jpg

Mostly done.  Just need to tidy a few spots up.  I was getting shaky so it was time to stop last night.

I wanted different colours for the spears in case I ever use these when running D&D or something.  My criteria for picking the colours was that I knew I wanted red, green and blue, and then I just picked P3 pots that had never been opened....

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ced1106
      Guns, ninjas, hobbits, dogs, monkeys, pumpkins, and mancatchers. 

Sure, you *say* you could otherwise do some conversion. But good luck finding a mancatcher *and* a monkey.

Stuff's in metal and cast in the USA. Magnets are from China, but they have multiple suppliers.

• By DocPiske
      Looks interesting for the terrain, if not the miniatures. Two armies package includes two 20"x20" fortresses for less than $100.

There are a couple of things that give me pause, though. First time creator, and claims to be in Chicago but English is clearly not his first language. May not mean anything but makes me wonder.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crumb-group/eternal-eight

"After over three years in the making, we are proud to present you the Eternal Eight - a WORLD'S FIRST 3D mini war game with innovative real 3D RELIEF. 
      The goal of the game is to  capture the enemy’s King. The advantages of Eternal Eight are the 3D castles, fortresses and villages with a myriad of traps, labyrinths and  secret passages. All of the army bases (castles, villages, fortresses) are easy to assemble and move around.
      The game can be easily incorporated into your existing game table setup or provide a great addon to some of your existing mini war games."

• By Dan d'Lyon
      Well, looks like Hasbro is doing their own version of a kickstarter for a new release of one of the all-time classics.  I don't know if their site for the crowdfunding would be considered as a commercial site, but I'm sure it will be easy enough to find.  I'm in!
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/yetlblack/corvus-corax-miniatures-sons-of-yetl-black
      Story
      Corvus Corax Miniatures is a small hobby project created in 2013. Since then, four projects have successfully funded on Kickstarter and all have been fully delivered on time without any delays. The feedback from the backers have only been positive!
      The goal of this project is to raise funds for the production a total of four (4) miniatures for the Sons of Yetl Black. The miniatures will be cast in high quality, non-toxic resin. The scale of the miniatures is 35mm (measuring to the eyes in a standing, straight pose, although some characters may be slightly larger because they are supposed to be large characters).
      Strendu Bodaway Pachoa Niyol  (Actual copies of the resin miniatures. Note that the resin miniatures below are not 100% in scale with each other, but resized for editing purposes.)
        Grefven always makes lovely things and is a reliable KS creator
    • By Orlando_the_Technicoloured
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/russrmc/animal-adventures-secrets-of-gullet-cove

Painting Polygons

NeW Animal Adventures Kickstarter launches January 28, 2020!

Set sail for a mysterious portside city where magic and adventure await...

21 brand new minis (including a Kickstarter exclusive!)
      Fully illustrated, hardback sourcebook with artwork from leading industry artists
      Collection of maps

With a host of colourful (and questionable!) non-playable characters, compelling locations, and a collection of multi-part adventures, Secrets of Gullet Cove opens up a brand new universe for you to explore.

Don't miss the Kickstarter launch at 4PM GMT/8AM PST on January 28th 
  • Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)