ub3r_n3rd

Female Snake/Sea Monster Conversion (NSFW) - an ub3r WIP

While at ReaperCon 2016, I hit up the melt bin and found 3 distinctly different parts of 3 different figures. The first one was   torso of 03465: Shaerileth, Spider Demoness, the second was a snake's tail (not sure from what or even if it's Reaper let me know if you know what it is!) and the third looks like it's a tentacle from the 02634: Well of Doom.

These are NSFW due to the nude portion of the top of the figure and so I'll link to my Facebook pics that I've posted up.

Here's the pieces as I pulled them from the melt bin.

Pic 1 - all separate

Pic 2 - test fitted using museum putty

Pic 3 - glued and green stuff putty putting it together

Pic 4 - another angle 

Pic 5 - yet another angle 

• Like 10

This is what I've done today with pro create -

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

I added more roundness to her hips and butt and more volume to her hair as the hair is rather flat normally. I also added a pattern to the pro create along the sides to give it some more texture.

I need to let all the putty cure and then I'm going to go wash it off with warm soapy water and then prime it all up. Right now it's a little slick because of the vaseline I was using so that it wouldn't stick to my fingers or tools.

Open to ideas on bases and other things.

Edited by ub3r_n3rd
  • Like 10

Very interesting convertion. I see her on a sand dune base but a dungeon ruin works too. Do you have the little succubus from http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/succubus/sku-down/03187

With a bit of your sculpting skills you could make a mommy daughter scene against a monk with chopsticks trying to catch the little one for dinner. http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/monk/sku-down/50190

• Like 3

Very interesting convertion. I see her on a sand dune base but a dungeon ruin works too. Do you have the little succubus from http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/succubus/sku-down/03187

With a bit of your sculpting skills you could make a mommy daughter scene against a monk with chopsticks trying to catch the little one for dinner. http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/monk/sku-down/50190

Thanks!

Good ideas! I don't have the succubus from that nor that monk. 

• Like 2

That's a really unexpected combination, but I'd be afraid as a player if she showed up on the table! ::D:

I'm actually tempted to suggest the opposite terrain/setting, with the tentacle she looks like she belongs somewhere damp or watery. She could be a cursed mermaid or some sort of monstrous creation of an aquatic wizard.

• Like 5

That's a really unexpected combination, but I'd be afraid as a player if she showed up on the table! ::D:

I'm actually tempted to suggest the opposite terrain/setting, with the tentacle she looks like she belongs somewhere damp or watery. She could be a cursed mermaid or some sort of monstrous creation of an aquatic wizard.

An evil wizard was responsible for the creation of this monstrosity! :wow:

I was just here sitting and thinking about the colors and purple and green came to mind. I like the water setting idea it could be fun doing a water base/ruined temple.

The only problem I'm having with her is the tentacle is very heavy and over balances the figure so I'll have to make sure to pin it and use string glue and maybe some putty to make sure it stays upright and in place on the base.

• Like 3

She's looking really cool so far!

Thanks!

I had primed her black and just coated the whole thing in Reaper MSP Nightshade Purple, will post pics in a moment when it has a chance to dry.

• Like 4

As promised, after the nightshade purple dried, here's where she's at now.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Going to hit her with some highlights and bring out the details now, I'm liking the idea of purples and greens with this one and a very shiny finish like she just got out of the water... perhaps some iridescent medium to make her sparkle as well? 

• Like 6

What a creative combination. I bet you could come up with lots of amazing new monsters just from digging around in a bin of parts and sticking random things together. Hey, it worked for the owlbear. For your monster I think a purple/blue/green undersea kind of look would work well.

• Like 5

Awesome idea!

How about an underwater scene.

Sunken ruins, maybe a broken column ( you could let the tip of the tentacle rest on it).

An opportunity to paint some fish/aquatic familiars and stuff.

Maybe some treasure or cargo, pieces of a sunken ship?

You could use a diver or Reaper's scuba girl to confront her?

• Like 3

This is a neat little conversion you're working on; very cool!

It's nice to see you unleash your inner mad scientist. :poke:

• Like 3

What about a swamp themed base? You could use your Plaguelands Basius stamp to start it. Maybe add a nasty looking tree with vines and some serpents (servants) to fill it out. Otherwise, perhaps have her stand before a bloody stone that she uses as an alter to appease her deity. Who knows what she had to sacrifice to get that horrible body.  :;,;:

• Like 4

Awesome idea!

How about an underwater scene.

Sunken ruins, maybe a broken column ( you could let the tip of the tentacle rest on it).

An opportunity to paint some fish/aquatic familiars and stuff.

Maybe some treasure or cargo, pieces of a sunken ship?

You could use a diver or Reaper's scuba girl to confront her?

[/]

Excellent idea .. She could have a few dead pirates from the sunken ship as helpers/slaves..

• Like 4

Hah, you all are awful! Trying to get me to do another vignette/diorama again! I'm going to do a base with her, water and temple is what I've decided after the feedback, but not going to add other figures to it as I have other dioramas and vignettes planned and really just want to focus on her alone on this project. ::P:

Anyhow, tonight I'm back at work on her and experimenting with inks with iridescent medium added into them to give sparkles and shininess to her. It's slow going as it takes a while to build up the layers and work with the paint I've already applied, which I think I went too dark to begin with, but we live and learn.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Thoughts?

• Like 5