Female Snake/Sea Monster Conversion (NSFW) - an ub3r WIP

ub3r_n3rd

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She looks good, I like the shimmering effect the different colours give. as if rippling water breaks the light, very cool.

As for the ruins, have you considered the Bones Deva? Her base has a nice fallen broken column on it, might be useful.

And you will need a fish or two.

• Like 1

@CA - no prob. You're right the metallic doesn't photograph very well. Maybe when the whole thing is done and the photo booth setup is used it'll show better.

@Lars - thanks!

@Herman -I have a broken columns base that I'm going to be using that I'll show tonight. I also have coins, a statue and a bag that I'll add to the scene. Don't have any fish tho.

• Like 2

@CA - no prob. You're right the metallic doesn't photograph very well. Maybe when the whole thing is done and the photo booth setup is used it'll show better.

@Lars - thanks!

@Herman -I have a broken columns base that I'm going to be using that I'll show tonight. I also have coins, a statue and a bag that I'll add to the scene. Don't have any fish tho.

Get some aquatic familiairs or sharks?

https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/fish/sku-down/02948

https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/shark/sku-down/03622

• Like 2

@herman - no mini purchases until our old house sells! ::P:

@SG - it'll be fun!

Sculpting a little fish, eel, starfish or octopus shouldn't be too hard?

I think you can do it.

I can probably sculpt a few of those things and I'll see what I do have on hand to add more to the environment. ::D:

• Like 2

It's starting to come together now. So sinister. What color are you planing to paint her spider necklace? Gold, silver, bone, pearl, jade, other?

It's already painted silver ::P:

Ah! Sorry about that ub3r. :upside:  I forget that metallics usually don't photograph well. The iridescent medium could also be a camo factor.

*feels shame*

I'm home for lunch right now and re-looked at the necklace/chain and went ahead and just hit it with some higher/brighter silver so thank you for pointing that out, it was painted, but you were absolutely correct that it wasn't really easy to see. 

Tonight I'll get working on the base: here's what I have lined up for the base:

16938776_1134246646704424_15046942269194

The plastic baggie is green stuff which has been rolled out and cut into little coins, then we have the little real shell from the beach, the coin/treasure pouch from one of the Reaper bits packages, a statue (from Reaper), and the ruined base from Dragon Forge that I got in a kickstarter a couple years ago now.

I'll add some sculpted bits as Herman suggested and I'll be doing some pours of 2-part resin to make water that will probably come up to about chest height or so for the monster.

• Like 7

That is a lot of fun stuff. Just make sure that the base doesn't overwhelm the mini.

Agreed. I'm going to topple the statue on its back and then put the coins/pouch together like behind a column and to the side so it's seem mostly from a different angle like an Easter egg.

• Like 1

If you decide you dont want something with quite so much area, I can send you the base to the Bones Deva https://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/deva/sku-down/77363.    She's really looking pretty amazing.

Didn't I send YOU that whole Deva in an *exchange* we had a year or so ago? heh

I'm good bro, she's a big figure and stands at like 2 1/2" tall so a bigger base is going to be required for her to be sitting on, thank you for the offer!

My main issue right now is the plinth I want to use for the whole thing, I'm thinking a 2x2 or so in size, but I'm going to try out a couple of different scenarios to see which I like best.

• Like 2