Sign in to follow this  
Patrik Strom

Rippers Witch Hunter, Reaper Miniatures

you got more than an "ok" result!

Looks good and has the proper vibe for a "witch hunter' according to all the movies I have seen.

• Like 2

Looks awesome!!!!

I see you mentioned floor polish?

Just buy a bottle of Reaper brush on sealer and only use that.

If you want gloss they also have gloss varnish.

No floor polish, it isn't nessecary.

• Like 3

Looks great. The white tiles, orange flame, and blue shirt add just enough color to make the mini stand out with the standard issue witch hunter muted uniform.

• Like 2

Thanks!

you got more than an "ok" result!

Looks good and has the proper vibe for a "witch hunter' according to all the movies I have seen.

The more I look at the pictures the less "sad" I am. I think my initial aversion for the paint job comes from the pains I had with the varnishing process.

Looks awesome!!!!

I see you mentioned floor polish?

Just buy a bottle of Reaper brush on sealer and only use that.

If you want gloss they also have gloss varnish.

No floor polish, it isn't nessecary.

Are you sure? I've tried just brush on sealer before (not one by reaper though) and it doesn't help that much, the paint seemed to chip off quite easily. With the floor polish I get a sturdy paint job. Plus it's easy and quick to apply, just dip the miniature and then let it dry. The only problem comes when the matt sealer won't take the gloss off completely.

Great mini! Certainly more than just ok!

That torch cries for an OSL tho.. Just saying ^_^

Yes, I know. Sadly it was followed by my own cries as I failed to recreate anything close to passable OSL :) Perhaps someday....

• Like 1

Yes, I know. Sadly it was followed by my own cries as I failed to recreate anything close to passable OSL :) Perhaps someday....

Well, I certainly know those cries since I've been there... wait, I am still there!! :(

But all we can do is try and try again until we get it right.. I am currently working on such a project.. Who knows, maybe my tears will transform into tears of joy very soon.. 

• Like 1

Well, I certainly know those cries since I've been there... wait, I am still there!! :(

But all we can do is try and try again until we get it right.. I am currently working on such a project.. Who knows, maybe my tears will transform into tears of joy very soon.. 

I'm hoping for tears of joy!