Sign in to follow this  
Generic Fighter

Quick DDM Repaint: Planetar Angel

So, was bored and wanted to paint something to take along for my GenCon trip as a Prize for some DDM Guild events. So, I saw the Planetar from the most recent DDM set and thought, it had a cool pose and a bad paintjob! So I decided to try and fix that. The Wings look a lot better in person. Also, whoever thought that style of Flying Post was a good idea should most likely be fired and never allowed to be in change of miniature anything ever again! Took about an hour and a half to paint it.

Planetar%2002_zpszqn19hwr.png

Planetar%2001_zps0bgas0p9.png

Planetar%2003_zpsoo0xj4mn.png

GF

• Like 6

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By rubegon
      I have a few WIPs that are taking forever, but I needed an alternate Kuo Toa faction for D&D tonight, so I went for it and “speed painted” these in about 4 hours.

I used both BCA Pink *and* Drow Nipple Pink as the main skin and spine colors!  Do I get bonus points for that?

Here are the ones I did a few months before that took about 4 times longer over several weekends.

• By Thrym
      WizKids Dungeons & Dragons
      HELLBORN TROLL

I present to you the almost nuclear looking troll that utilizes FolkArt's Ultra Dye "Purple Rain" as its inspiration and base shadow and wash.  Also included in the skin triad are Reaper Blood Red and Reaper Brilliant Red for the highlights.

I'll add the remaining paint list later when they are in front of me.  For now, pictures:

Some close up shots:

Enjoy!
    • By Thrym
      Hellborn Troll
      from WizKids' Nolzur's Marvelous Miniatures

I stopped at AC Moore today and picked up one of the FolkArt Pickling Washes I didn't have while my wife was shopping for school play costume materials.  Nearby I found FolkArt Ultra Dyes and picked up two colors to check out; Purple Rain and Pucker Up (a yellow).

I have enjoyed using the Glass Enamels with the long cure time before and thought these might work similarly.   I decided to wash my troll with the Purple Rain to see how it comes out and goes on.

It's fairly thick out of the bottle but I might not have shaken it enough.  It was taking forever to dry so I hit it with some Testors Dullcote to speed the process and reduce the shine.  It's glossy like inks.

Next, I used Reaper Blood Red to give him the Hellborn look I wanted.

Then I pulled out Reaper Violet Shadow to get his hair, teeth and claws darkened.

I then went back over the boney bits with the FolkArt Ultra Dye.  It'll put the glossy touch to the claws and teeth.

I am quite happy with him so far.  

Stay tuned and Enjoy!
    • By Rob Dean
      After yesterday's work on the Bones 4 scenics, I dug around and finished off the first of a set of resin buildings I got from an Apocalypse Miniatures Kickstarter a year or two back:

I also finished basing up a seriously vintage (ca. 1974) Minifig Ent:

And, finally touched up basing and finished off my Gencon speed paints:

From left to right, a Word preliminary round figures, a Reaper preliminary round, a Wyrd final round, and a Reaper final round. (So, 45 minutes on the preliminaries and 60 minutes on the finals...I added names to the two preliminaries; retitled the Word final, and attached the Reaper final to a Frostgrave-themed snow and rock base.)

• By Darcstaar
      Last new post for the day.
      Here is another BONES Tick.  I have 2 more and a queen.
      This is the 4th painted one, and I painted it while I painted the centipedes.  I wanted some bright colors and bright markings.
      C&C Welcome.

• Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)