Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I skipped a few steps, but I actually remembered to take a WiP shot of my set from the "Song of Blades and Heroes: Axe and Brimstone" Kickstarter.

 

There's also a few Hobgoblins who I started in hopes it would motivate the delayed KS package to arrive quicker (it worked!)

16836164_10154201086220636_4334981540495

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Dan S
      Dan's Build Journal #1
      Halfling/Hobbit Hole
       
       
      Completed Project Photos:
       
       My Other Build Journals:
       
       
      Greetings all!
       
      I recently undertook the task of creating several display pieces to serve as scenic backdrops when photographing my miniatures, however being the procrastinator that I am, I have instead found myself with an ever growing pile of unfinished projects.  In an effort to break this cycle I am no longer allowing myself to start new projects until my current one is complete. I figure a progress journal would be a great way to hold myself accountable, and hopefully by sharing my build process even inspire others into giving diorama building a try.
       
      Anyway, without further ado here is my current work in progress, a good old fashioned hobbit hole.  I managed to pick up a cheap and incomplete resin kit (front wall and chimney) on Ebay a while back.  I painted it about a month ago, and it has sat on my desk gathering dust ever since.  Today I finally started to put in some real work on the build.
       
      29/05/20  -  Laying the foundation.
       
      The first job was to lay the foundations of the build.  I hot glued thick polystyrene sheets to an old photo frame and then cut them to shape using a hot wire cutter.  The challenging part was then getting the front wall to fit convincingly into the hill, being an incomplete kit, the front wall was completely rectangular and just didn't look right no matter how I positioned it. To fix this, I measured out and then cut some thick card stock in to triangular sections, and then cut some thinner strips to match the wooden beams on the front of the house.  I then glued these to the house so that the walls now followed the contours of the hill more organically.  I also made some curtains using some old fabric (The original kit has holes for windows and I needed to hide the polystyrene behind them).
       
      Next I mixed up some Sculptamold and started to cover the polystyrene and base of the picture frame before adding some rocks that I had cast previously with Plaster of Paris (They are probably hard to make out in the photo, as they blend in with the white sculptamold, but once painted they should stand out nicely).  With that done I decided to call it a day, and give the sculptamold the night to fully dry before adding any paint.  And that is pretty much how I spent my Friday afternoon.
       
      Apologies for the poor picture quality, I took the photo during the evening in poor lighting with my ancient phone camera.  I'll get some better pictures up once I have something more substantial to share.
       

    • By Neptune1999
      Sandra Garrity makes some of my favorite Dwarves, and the detail on this one stood out. It doesn't show up much in the picture, but there are some Norse Futhark runes on the blade of the sword in blue that only appear if I rotate the figure 45% left or right. Also, I love dwarves in green. 

    • By Dan S
      Apologies that this one isn't Reaper, but I am super stoked with how it turned out and really wanted to share.
       
      I recently started experimenting with glazing, an old and popular technique I have been aware of for years but had never really given much thought to or attempted.  It was like unlocking an ancient magic, I cant believe the difference such a subtle technique has made to my miniatures.  After achieving some promising results on a batch of halflings I recently painted, I decided to experiment some more on a slightly larger model, a 3D printed bust I'd picked up on Ebay (I believe it is by a company called Tytantroll Miniatures).  
       
      Anyway I just wanted to share.  Glazing has been a revelation to me, and it just goes to show that it sometimes pays to step away from your comfort zone and try new things.

    • By Lidless Eye
      "All fear Mumlak, Living God-Chief of the Erithereans!"




      A steal at $24.99 from Reaper for the size this guy came out at:


    • By Lidless Eye
      Latest in my collection of "Finish stuff you just had details left on" come Bufo the Frogman and Torlan the Gatorfolk from Reaper Miniatures.  I felt they needed to be painted as a pair as Mr. Wiebe said he designed them as a pair to fill in the request for Dreadmere's more unusual inhabitants.


  • Who's Online   21 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...