Sign in to follow this  
Liverpuncher

Bones Nor'Okk, Ettin

Among the many challenges there are in becoming a good mini painter, I've found getting flesh tones right to be one of the most difficult. I spent quite a bit of time trying to achieve a realistic look on the Ettin. I think I've made some progress - but lots of room for improvement.  (I found the following video to be really helpful in understanding how to paint flesh tones: 

post-8978-0-40219100-1487784812_thumb.jpg

• Like 16

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheUncannyAK
      The dire crocodile, dire boar, and dire crab were one of the Bones 4 addons, and it doesn't look like they've hit retail just yet. Which is a shame, because we need more giant crabs.

The mud on the dire crocodile's base is just some water effect goo dribbled on that half of the base. The barnacles attached to the rocks on the dire crab's base were sculpted with green stuff. The rocks... those are just rocks.

• By Lidless Eye
      Hadn't seen this here yet:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1620164718/28mm-pig-faced-orcs?ref=user_menu

You enter the cavern with water dripping down from overhead. The smell of rotten meat is thick in the air. From up ahead in the distance you hear the loud battle cry of your enemy SQUEEEEEEE! 
      Painted by Ben Rodman      Pig faced orcs.  The most iconic encounter of any classic adventure. We have a nice variety of these little oinkers in the pen.
      We enlisted the help of Bobby Jackson to sculpt the porcs and Jason Wiebe for all the pork besties. They did an awesome job.
      Fortress Figures will be casting these beauties up in lead free white metal. 
      Any support for our small family owned business is greatly appreciated.
      Painted by world renowned artist Rob Wheeler Painted by world renowned artist Rob Wheeler      This project is for unpainted, white metal and/or resin figurines. Models are provided NOT painted. Models are scaled to 28mm toe to eye or 1:60. Models are provided with a plastic tab/slot base. Figurines are not toys and are intended only for adults. Models may require some assembly, may have sharp or pointed parts and are a choking hazard to anyone prone to put them in their mouth.

I backed for the Ettin(ess) Bodyguard myself

• By SparrowMarie
      I'm looking for something to stick Bones, specifically Ma'al Drakar's terrain, to a wooden base. It's not thick enough, at the area I want to place it, to pin effectively.

What kind of adhesives would work? I'm thinking epoxy, maybe? I just /really/ don't want to melt it accidentally and have to buy a new one.
    • By Maledrakh
      From Bones 1, Nor'Okk the Ettin

...maybe I should get me a turntable and start making 360 videos instead...

50mm base

77103 Nor'Okk the Ettin
      Reaper Miniatures 2012
      from the Bones 1 kickstarter, "Mind Your Manors" add-on
      Sculpted by Tre Manor
      Bones classic (The orginial soft bendy material)
      50mm base

• By Evilhalfling
      I just like the way the blue/black wings look.  - I did the same with the Librarian Sophie. (last month)  
      I really need to paint up one of the metal versions for contrast. 
      I'm not sure what she is serving - Meat, bread and salad is the way I painted it, but that could be cake instead. 

• Who's Online   11 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)