03154: Lorelei, Dryad

ultrasquid

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

She doesn't read much like wood when I look at her, more like a tanned skin tone, for most of her.  Her butt and back do look more like wood to me though.  Having said that, she looks really good IMHO!

Maybe it is the light or the photography but I dont get much woodness from her either.. Maybe you could try adding some wood grain lines, or cascaded shading to create a similar effect.. But otherwise, very well done paint job.

Nice job!

I agree with Volksfest, a bit of grain lines would make her look more like wood.

She does like good though, I like her as is.

I think I said I made her look like wood to cover for some of the roughness in the paint in spots, like her right knee. But probably nobody would have noticed that had I not just pointed it out now.

I really must get around to setting up a better photo booth. this styrofoam packing corner is good enough for the WIPs, but kind of cruddy for the Show-Off. I had been using a sheet of dark gray art paper with a gentle bend in it but the way I had it mounted proved awkward and unstable.

Edited by ultrasquid

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      i stumbled across this neat article on social media. It seems doable enough - balsa, hydrogen peroxide +sun light, and marine epoxy?
      Not huge application, but I suppose it would allow glass skyscrapers, greenhouses, and... mostly windows? Will post if I try. Please share if you try.

• By Kangaroorex
      Decided to give the group dice trays this year for the holidays.  

I wanted to get this done before Saturday and I wanted to take a shot at getting at least a first one done tonight.

So here is the prototype.  The finished format will be actually glued down as well as nailed down.  I was trying to decide if I like the nail  on the top.  On the prototype it let's me move things around but they will be optional on the final version.

• By Mothsniper
      Question, can a highlighter be used for miniatures?

Short answer: NO
      Long answer: It rubs off when dry, even if mixed with mod-poge it rubs off.  And even if it did not, when it dries it turns to normal light yellow and loses its hilighternessity. 
      Fluor paints I have tried not only look better in normal light, but glow in that blue ultraviolet light as well. 

Finished model
      Images removed with forum complience

• By Mothsniper
      Drys Dryad 77265

Did a paint Test here
      Images removed with forum complience

• By Inarah
      Got this guy in my Bones Paint & Take Home Survival Kit earlier this year.  He was done with lots of sloppy washes and dry brushing. I put flock on its exposed twigs, for decency's sake. 

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 21 Guests (See full list)