Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
Last year/this spring I painted up a force for myself based on the kingdom of Dalend in my role-playing setting of Iskitaan. When I went to use that force recently for a game of Song of Blades and Heroes, I realized I had no mages.
This, of course, required a shopping trip to the Reaper website, where I picked out these two:
So why is this in the sculpting section? Well, that's because I've got a "simple" conversion planned, and I'm hoping to get the thoughts on the best way to go about it from a couple of the pros around here.
The theme of my Dalend force is that they all have capes and shields, like these two:
While these mages have capes, they don't have shields upon which to put the tower symbol. So I am going to incorporate the tower by sculpting it in 3d on the top of each staff.
So here is how I think I'm going to do them, unless someone has a better idea/sees problems/has advice on various steps:
- start with a plastic rod or tube
- use my drill as make shift lathe to rough in the shape of the tower
- cover it with a thin layer of ProCreate and smooth it out
- press/carve the stone work into the putty
- let cure, then drill a hole (if I didn't use a tube) into the bottom of the towers and glue them to the top of the staff.
Who's Online 35 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)
- Froggy the Great
- Pezler the Polychromatic