Joeliyn the Blade Sister

This is early days for you, yes? 

This is a good, clean paint job with distinct areas of clear color. 

Good job on the eyes.  They are often the bane of even experienced painters.  And yes, half-eyes are extra tricky, so well done.

Welcome to the forums.

This one looks great!

A freehand, eyes, very well done!

As for your struggle with blond hair. You could try out the Reaper Blond Hair Triad.

I usually paint a light brown and then go over it with a beige yellow. Highlight up to white.

I have to admit I have started using the triad myself and it works well.

The stripes at the hem of the cloak? Clear defined eyes.. And overall very tidy brush work? Yep, I love your work. Practice some shading, layering and/or feathering to reach the next level and we will see wonders from you. That I am sure! :)

Edited by VolksFest

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By kristof65
      Last year/this spring I painted up a force for myself based on the kingdom of Dalend in my role-playing setting of Iskitaan.  When I went to use that force recently for a game of Song of Blades and Heroes, I realized I had no mages. 

This, of course, required a shopping trip to the Reaper website, where I picked out these two:

So why is this in the sculpting section?  Well, that's because I've got a "simple" conversion planned, and I'm hoping to get the thoughts on the best way to go about it from a couple of the pros around here. 

The theme of my Dalend force is that they all have capes and shields, like these two:

While these mages have capes, they don't have shields upon which to put the tower symbol.  So I am going to incorporate the tower by sculpting it in 3d on the top of each staff. 

So here is how I think I'm going to do them, unless someone has a better idea/sees problems/has advice on various steps:

- start with a plastic rod or tube
      - use my drill as make shift lathe to rough in the shape of the tower
      - cover it with a thin layer of ProCreate and smooth it out
      - press/carve the stone work into the putty
      - let cure, then drill a hole (if I didn't use a tube) into the bottom of the towers and glue them to the top of the staff. 
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 2 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)