Sign in to follow this  
aku-chan

Aku-chan paints a Painboy

Taking a break from working on my Kingdom Death stuff to paint this:-

oFWhtun.jpg3qsUMR4.jpg

Choose this one because I need to learn to paint without leaning forward so much, so a big, chunky dude seemed like the best place to start.

I'll make a start on the skin tomorrow, if I'm up to it.

• Like 11

Lots of metal bits! I wonder which would look more threatening -- shiny new surgical steel, or rusty iron?

Any syringes and stuff used for injections should be rusty of course!

• Like 2

Thanks for the comments everybody!

Lots of metal bits! I wonder which would look more threatening -- shiny new surgical steel, or rusty iron?

Any syringes and stuff used for injections should be rusty of course!

Normally, I'd agree, but for this one I'm sticking with shiny steel.

Partially out of laziness, but also because of the way he appears to be admiring his surgery hand, makes me think it's new.

I'd be curious to know what actions you are taking to correct your posture.

Nothing particularly drastic.

I normally paint sitting hunched over my painting table (so I can see what I'm doing), but I can't really manage that any more, so now I'm sitting right back in my chair and staying upright as much as possible.

It seems to be working with this mini, but I'm not sure how much success I'll have with the "daintier" minis in my collection.

Progress:-

ckNeXH1.jpgzRB5YLF.jpg

Painted the Orks skin (1:1 Vallejo Dwarf Skin/Old West Rose > Fleshshade Wash > 1:1 Dwarf Skin/Old West Rose > 1:1:1 Dwarf Skin/Old West Rose/Vallejo Light Flesh). Also added a drop of Blood Red to the final highlight mix to paint his lips, and gave him a 1:1 Vallejo Bonewhite/Oiled Leather tooth.

Also started his Goblin assistant, but his skin is just a base of 1:1 Vallejo Rosy Skin/Light Flesh and a Fleshshade Wash so far.

• Like 11

I haz painted!

sPOYk2M.jpgUDt5Plu.jpg

Finished off the Goblin Assistants skin with highlights of 1:1 Rosy Skin/Light Flesh and 1:1:1 Rosy Skin/Light Flesh/Off-white.

I've also painted the Orks apron and various straps with Lonestar Leather and given them a Brownshade Wash (still need to highlight these), both his and the Goblins trousers (Vallejo Cold Grey shaded with 1:2 Cold Grey/Pure Black and highlighted with 1:1 Cold Grey/Wolf Grey) and all the steel bits (Vallejo Oily Steel with a Blackshade Wash, still need to highlight this as well).

• Like 14

Thanks!

More done:-

UrNbjIi.jpg

The Oily Steel bits got an edge highlight of Oily Steel (or in the case of his Surgical Hand, a light drybrush).

I then moved on to the other metal bits with a basecoat of 1:1 Vallejo Bronze/Vallejo Polished Gold and a Brownshade Wash.

• Like 9

Loving the non-green skin on the ork.  Metals are coming along wonderfully! 

• Like 3