Finally decided it was about time for me to start another WIP thread. I have not done much since ReaperCon and fell into a major painting rut. I had a bunch of ideas but no energy to actually do anything. I am starting to get back into the swing of things and have quite a few projects on deck. No real deadlines for them, just working on what I feel like it at this point. I would like to finish the Landsknecht and The Grudge in time for the SCAHMS show on the second weekend in April. So here is my current line up of project with the breakdown of what's what below.

post-13093-0-30689300-1488218705_thumb.jpg

1. Vampire Hunter (Reaper 60164) - originally was going to be part of a vignette for the Valentine's Day contest but I did not finish in time. Mostly base coated with shading and highlighting done on the cloak. Really happy with how it turned out as I tried something new for me by using purple in the shadows.

2. Hellknight Captain (Reaper 60127) - Second figure for the vignette. Pretty much the same as the other, got through the base coats and cloak then stalled.

3. Halmar, Young Wizard (Reaper 03449) - Playing around with my new Scale 75 paints and is only partially base coated.

4. The Girl (Bombshell Miniatures) - Had a color idea and wanted to test it. Mostly base coated and started working on the skirt.

5. XVI century Landsknecht (HistoricArt/CoolMiniorNot) - Only partially assembled. Stalled a bit working on it as when I first attached the torso to the legs, it was out of alignment. Had to redo it and that resulted in needing to do some putty work.

6. Mousling Knight (Reaper 03542) - Just a fun one I felt the urge to do and is only primed at this point.

7. The Grudge (Reaper 30014) - Another one that stalled during prep. It had some casting issues that I needed to clean up and I did not care for void areas that I think were intended to look like dirt. So I smoothed it out and that took a while. I primed it after taking the picture.

• Like 10

Mousling Knight or Vampire Hunter first! ::wub::

We'll see. I may just finish them up quickly to get them out of the way. They are fun projects unlike the bust or historical which are for the show.

GO SG GO!!! YOU CAN DOOO EEET! ::D:

I'm goin' as fast as I can! I have "Oh Shiny" syndrome right now and keep getting into distracted by other ideas. Also video games sucked me again, I can't escape.

• Like 1

GO SG GO!!! YOU CAN DOOO EEET! ::D:

I'm goin' as fast as I can! I have "Oh Shiny" syndrome right now and keep getting into distracted by other ideas. Also video games sucked me again, I can't escape.

I know that video game distraction very well! I pre-ordered Mass Effect Andromeda yesterday... but I've not spent any money on mini-related purchases since we moved into the new house. Got plenty of projects to do with my current collection.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with these projects, try to stay on target! ::P:

Yeah, I fell down the rabbit hole that is Dragon Age: Inquisition again. So now I am trying to finish it in time for Andromeda. I have been good recently about not buying more minis, I have been tempted but resisted. Paint though is another story, I have started acquiring the Scale 75 Fantasy and Games sets. My problem is that I keep coming up with ideas for stuff I already have which means my paint desk is getting crowded.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally escaped (finished) Dragon Age and am slowly getting back to painting. Mainly been working on the Grudge. Base coats are down, going for more leather than metal, and I have started on the skin. Mostly just shading at this point but I like where it is going. I might need to take a break from the skin to work on the hair as I am planing on going more blonde with the current color being the darkest shade and I have found that it can tweak my perception of the skin color. It might look great now but with the correct hair, maybe not so much.

IMG_2815.thumb.JPG.3f5bc710a7250418bb6b51c3dc75a84c.JPG

• Like 8