Domur, High Mage - Competition Mini

Talae

Is that a sword hanging off the left side of his belt? If so, I would suggest painting it before continuing with the cloak. Since it's kind of tucked back in there, it will be tricky to paint without brushing the cloak in the process, so getting it done and out of the way before finishing the cloak might be best so any touchups can happen all at once. :)

Looking good so far! ^_^

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

Edited by OneBoot
Spelling
  • Like 2

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't paint the sword, necklace, feather, bracers, book pages, and hat 'cord' (?). I also need to finish the flames, pants, cloak, undercoat, and boots...and I am probably missing something in this list. This is going to be close.

As for the sword and necklace, should I paint them with a color I already used? Should I add another to my pile and use a metallic to save time? If so, which do you think? 

• Like 1

Nearing the end...I hope. Not even really sure what is left. I worked at least a little on almost everything tonight. Here is where things are at. Mini is due in less than 24 hours and I have to get up early for a full day of work.

Any last minute advice?

IMG_0147.JPG

IMG_0148.JPG

IMG_0149.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

• Like 10

Looks really great!  Other than cleaning up the base a bit, I don't see a whole lot that needs touching up.  Obviously at this point it comes down to where you are happy with it of course.

• Like 1

I went with gray for the feather and white for most everything else. I sprayed sealer on it before taking a pic (and basically in the dark. I hope I didn't mess anything up.). Just about ready to read books before putting kids to bed. Then will run to the store to get superglue to reattach the arm (fell off while doing touch ups due to being a very small amount of glue...I ran out).

I will take pics before rushing to the flgs to drop off the mini.

• Like 3