Future Worlds: Modular Sci-Fi Terrain for 28mm figures

• Members

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/847530101/future-worlds-modular-sci-fi-terrain-for-28mm-figu?ref=category_newest

Future Worlds Modular Sci-Fri Terrain for 3D printers is fast and flexible enabling rapid building of unique and complex terrain.

About this project

I've been playing role playing games, tabletop skirmish and wargames for nearly twenty years. I've been building and designing scenery for nearly that long. I've always found something magical about the miniature world and narrative created on the barren wastes of the kitchen table, broken by the rocky outcrops of painted polystyrene or the depths of space conjured up by a piece of MDF painted black and speckled with white using (someone else's) toothbrush and paint.

77d04b647bb66a02a17e0be3cba0b68e_origina

A table with great scenery looks amazing and even non-gamers are drawn to them. But not everyone has the time or the inclination to scratch build scenery - and quite often scratch built scenery has the unfortunate tendency to be fragile and nothing breaks the gaming mood quite like desperately super gluing something together mid game.

So, what does the Future Worlds Kickstarter have to offer? Simply, great looking, economical and sturdy scenery. With the advent of affordable, high resolution, three dimensional printers it's now possible for me to provide you with high quality three dimensional modular designs which can be printed over and over again. Want just a small compound? Easy. Want an entire table filled with a maze of corridors, service ways and access hatches? Print them up! After the small initial outlay for a set, you have all the designs required to make any size installation you want, from small and simple to huge and complicated. Just print pieces as needed - and all from only cents per piece.

The Future Worlds Sci-Fi modular scenery project offers three distinct styles of modular walls and floors:

dc9842102e4bc9f6efa29fa308d678a2_origina

Completed High Tech Sections Completed High Tech Sections

74c41f0b1b5d14ae1985f5998e08562a_origina

Completed Industrial Sections Completed Industrial Sections

c0ca8a9d0372d9b87980bf41a7cd111e_origina

Steampunk Prototypes - designs to be confirmed Steampunk Prototypes - designs to be confirmed

All sets are interchangeable, giving you the ability to further customize the look and feel of your layout with pieces that not only look great and are built to last, but with a simple, and rugged clip together system, can be set up in moments.

• Like 2
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic