Sign in to follow this  
Guildenstern

Swampy Bones

hey all! hopefully am posting in right place. I'm after Bones minis that fit a swamp theme. I've done the Figure Finder, and got my first order in already (frogs, squogs and mushroom men). I'm designing an RPG encounter/adventure in a swamp to go on my swamp board. So in a way the RPG is going to fit the minis, which are  going to fit the board, which is probably a bass ackwards way of doing it but it is fun :D

These are some of the ones I've picked out so far for my March order:

03146: Frog Men (2)

02630: Frogmen

77273: Dragon Hatchling Black

03243: Swamp Shambler

02678: Swamp Hag

02496: Swamp Shambler

03694: Swamp Dragon Hatchling

I'm just wondering if anyone has any others that would spring to mind, that would fit a good marsh or swamp theme? (Not all of the above are technically bones)

So far I'm working with a kind of frog/squog village, a swamp hag encounter (who will be controlling the shamblers) and a couple of dragon babies, because why not.

I'm thinking about doing a mushroom forest idea and putting the mushroom men in it too.

Anyway, appreciate any other thoughts =D

• Like 4

Kallaguk was going to be my suggestion as well.

You could possibly use the Sea Hag and the Kelpies for something.

The Gelatinous Cube would be good.

• Like 3

I actually sorted a bunch of my Bones into a bag labeled "Swamp encounters".

In addition to the figures you picked, I also had the Spikeshell warriors: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/turtle/sku-down/77270

The mushroom men are a good idea.  There are also a few Tiik warriors if you like (fish with arms and legs, clearly out on land to slaughter some lung-breathers).  Finally, Bones giant rats and rat swarms are always useful.

• Like 6

The great thing about Bones ATM is that if you load up the Bones Kickstarters, you can see all the Bones in three easy places (except for the original 29).

Ooh some more great ideas >:D My children may not be thanking you :P lol I will keep you guys informed of course as well :D

Also, I was looking at those pics, Xherman, and I totally went, "You know I think I have a Cave Troll" only in Boromir's voice lmao

• Like 5

On 3/3/2017 at 8:57 PM, Pingo said:

I actually sorted a bunch of my Bones into a bag labeled "Swamp encounters".

In addition to the figures you picked, I also had the Spikeshell warriors: http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/turtle/sku-down/77270

The mushroom men are a good idea.  There are also a few Tiik warriors if you like (fish with arms and legs, clearly out on land to slaughter some lung-breathers).  Finally, Bones giant rats and rat swarms are always useful.

There was also that Kraken that could double a carnivorous plant that you made with the candle holder and the head from the Kraken.

DSC_0251.jpg

Incidentally - that type of candle holder is called a 'lotus' - I went looking because of that image....

The Auld Grump - I found one on Amazon for about a dollar, if I remember properly.

• Like 4

There are several dryads and fairies that could be good encounters. Also the sea hag would go well with the swamp hag. 

• Like 3

I don't think anyone has mentioned them yet, but don't forget about all of the creepy-crawlies; the beetles, spiders, prairie ticks, and various swarms. There's a lot of vermin that would be appropriate to swamps.

• Like 5