OneBoot

77049 Arthrand Nightblade, Elf Ranger

It's a good, solid, clean, attractive paint job.  I'm glad your client liked it.

Impressionistic blobby faces can come out very well.  Not everything has to be sharply focused all the time.

• Like 1

Great job! I really like the blue with the green.  I'm planning on getting another copy of this guy (i think I have him away at some point to tempt someone into mini painting) to paint up for Frostgrave.  I may borrow your scheme.

You do realize that this now makes you a Professional mini painter?

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Great job! I really like the blue with the green.  I'm planning on getting another copy of this guy (i think I have him away at some point to tempt someone into mini painting) to paint up for Frostgrave.  I may borrow your scheme.

Borrow away! ^_^ I'm starting to realize that green and/or blue, with a little splash of something bright (usually orange) seems to have become my go-to color scheme. :lol:

47 minutes ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

You do realize that this now makes you a Professional mini painter?

I'd hardly say so; it isn't like I was hired...to....

:blink:

I'm...not sure what to think about this.

Huzzah!        

--OneBoot :D

• Like 8

Thanks everyone! :blush: 

On 3/4/2017 at 10:10 AM, Metalchaos said:

Great job, I like the sharp transition of color on the quiver.

The quiver was honestly what took me the longest! Probably close to 45 mins just by itself. It didn't help that I was stubbornly using one of my cheaper brushes and trying to stay in the lines, until my brain poked me and reminded me that I have good brushes too. :lol:

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 3

Nice, solid paint job! And you learned stuff working on it and learning stuff is always great! 

May this commission lead to many, many more for you! ^_^

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      I painted this fellow as a Hobgoblin, I like his blue nose  Thanks for looking!

• By HolkDiggity
      I've been trying to do a bit of painting every day, since RCon is coming up so soon. I have a problem with long-term projects, though, so I need to occasionally work on something quick and sweet in between. Sometimes I need to finish something to keep me motivated, you know? Tonight's lucky candidate was this bear, whom I love. His name is Randall and he likes standing in fields.

Anyhow, enjoy!

• By Ducknuck84
      Finished up #77057 Juliette, female Sorceress. Very happy with the end results. Only problem I had with the sculpt is the right boot which was really lumpy and not well defined but that's only a minor complaint as i really love the overall sculpt. Had a bit of a panic when i was working on the face when some paint got in the right eye so i had to redo it but think i salvaged it though the outline is a bit less now. Oh and on the face and small details 18/0 brush is your friend.  
      Main colors:
      Spruce Green
      Phantom Glow
      Heartwood Brown
      Scholar flesh

• By lazarp
      So this is the test figure for my orc warband for frostgrave and mordhein (WIP thread here)

I like the palette so far and I'm happy how this guy turned out. I will post other minis as I paint them. Cheers! 

• By Darcstaar
      This is my most ambitious attempt to date.  A mini-campaign I’m running some people through calls for many kobolds of varying colors and classes.  I had 12 Kobolds from Bones I, the 4 pack in metal that those were based off of (03064), the metal Leader and Sorcerer (03024), the 12 awesome new kobolds from Bones 4, and a 7 pack (I may have gotten a freebie, I thought I bought a six pack) of kobolds from the Ral Partha TSR Official D&D 2nd Edition line, stamped 1989.  That’s a whopping 37 figures.  I want to paint tribes from all 5 chromatic factions, and want to have as few duplicate poses per faction possible.  The Ral Partha kobolds have a more simian or canine face compared to the more reptilian face of the Reaper models, but I’m still going to fold those into each faction.  The Adventure calls out a Cleric (Red) a Ranger, (Green) and a Sorcerer (Green).  Those are the only ones with specific art, and I have models representative of each present without need for modification.  Also, I am not planning to add to the bases at all.

And I want to finish all of this in about a month (unlikely)!

Wish me luck!
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)