If you want fluff, look up the faction books. I believe all the original 8 were published. They're still floating around places like ebay, and amazon.

Crusaders, Reven, Necropolis, Nefsokar, and Overlords were the only Faction books released.  They were great books, but the problem was, they were being written by the Reaper staff who were also trying to manage their day-to-day jobs at the factory as well.  Too many hats, not enough heads.

At that point, the plan to make individual faction books was dropped, and instead a multifaction book was going to come out.

RAGE Chronicles was sort of a precursor to that.  

Then the rules got rebooted with 2.0.

If you can get your hands on it, the old Dark Heavens Apocalypse boxed set has a ton of fluff about the various countries and powers in Adon (Warlord game world) that Warlord is based directly off from.  Even the Savage North armies are based on stuff from Apocalypse.

• Like 3
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've been leading a local group of players (I deem the only one existing in Russia) since 2007, making yearly campaigns and leagues of up to 10 participants and 30+ games per season. It appears to be

Well, one way to look at it is that Reaper accomplished what they wanted with Warlord.  First edition with 10? Factions.  Second edition to fix the balance issues, along with an expansion with even mo

Me, I buy Warlord figures not for the Warlord game but because they are fun, well-sculpted, full of character, interesting, and reasonably priced.  I use them for other game play and I like them.

I picked up a hard cover the other day called "Warlord, Battles in Worn Torn Taltos" . . . where in the Warlord Publishing history does this book fall?

Edited by Maredudd

That's a first edition book.  Second edition Core Rulebook was softcover.

If you look at the binding, if there is a ribbon on the edge of the binder, that is a second printing, and some corrections were made between 1st and second printing.

I don't see a ribbon and looking inside I see a "First Printing June 2004". The binding also has "Core Rules" so duh! Its the core rules . . . :-)

I already have 2nd Ed and Savage North. Did the fluff change much?

Not that it really matters . . . I have the book now and you'll have to PRYITOUTOFMYGRUBBYFINGERS to get it . . . :-)

• Like 2

Fluff didn't change at all between 1E & 2E AFAIK. Just the armies were expanded that didn't get Faction Book love.

KS III is currently giving ridiculous amounts of Warlord love.

Edited by ladystorm
  • Like 1

There is also fluff in the older casketworks. You'd have to look through them to see what articles are in each.

If you can get your hands on it, the old Dark Heavens Apocalypse boxed set has a ton of fluff about the various countries and powers in Adon (Warlord game world) that Warlord is based directly off from.  Even the Savage North armies are based on stuff from Apocalypse.

I love the Dark Heavens Apocalypse box set. Great fluff.

There is also fluff in the older casketworks. You'd have to look through them to see what articles are in each.

I believe the very first one has a lot of fluff and should be availabe in pdf for free on Reaper's website.

A handy list of which ones are Warlord models and which ones are close proxies for a Warlord model would be a fun thing to compile. But, in this thread.

I saw 5 Crusaders, Some Tre Manor Orcs...