Skin tone problem

mish

This is my first attempt at darker skin. Not sure how to highlight it more, or does it even need more.

Unfortunately I don't remember what I used for a base color, I did use War paints strong tone as a wash and reaper sun tan to lighten it a little 

Thanks for the advice.

20170308_171107.jpg

• Like 4

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When painting a medium darker skin like that I find going in a golden yellow direction works for me for highlights.  Not a pure yellow, but some sort of goldenrod - yellow ochre - dijon mustard color mixed with a bit of the regular skin tone.

• Like 7

Hard to tell by the picture and contrast with the armor, but I think it looks pretty good actually.  Is it a little washed out looking in person?  Pingo's suggestion to highlight toward yellow might help with that.  Check out a pic of CeeLo Green's (or someone else suitably bald) head.  I sometimes need to use a piece of card with a tiny hole in it to view the color I'm after without it being biased by the surrounding colors--like how you're supposed to view a solar eclipse.

• Like 4

Thank you for the great advice. I tried Pingo's suggestion it looks better. 

There isnt much detail on the head to begin with the eyes are nonexistent and the respirator covers most of the bottom leaving a giant forehead 

Again thanks the information will be used later

• Like 2