Sign in to follow this  
Inarah

50014 Nick Stone

This is from last weekend's lazy paint day. I may add some water slide decals when I get my regular paint station back. 

DSCN9970.jpg.bd09b883eb0895801d83fc2ea61199ce.jpg

DSCN9971.jpg.a58630c57b6761f89c5b832df2fc45b4.jpg

• Like 20

Nice. I like how he's understated enough not to steal focus, but still has a lot of detail.

His hair is especially well done.

The armor was painted with a thin coat of Corporeal Shadow (dark blue grey) and then washed with Army Painter Dark Tone (almost black ink) and then I highlighted with Ghostly Moss. (bright aqua)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Dark Tide - An Ongoing Painting Project
      Starting another WIP thread for my other major ongoing project - Dark Tide: a nautical 5e campaign.

While my other project, Frostrun, at least got a few sessions in before pandemic put a stop to in-person games, Dark Tide is my pet project that's been in the works for going on three years.  I have pages of world building notes and have been collecting a ridiculous amount of minis to populate the islands and port towns of the world.  Here is where I will document some WIP as I start painting through the minis and build myself a fleet of ships to accompany them.

I would love to hear feedback or hear tales of your own nautical adventures.  And feel free to share photos of your own maritime miniatures!

The Ships

A major part of this project is building a fleet of ships.  I have attempted this in the past and abandoned the project when I became unsatisfied.  I have recently restarted this project, building on my knowledge from the first attempt.  You can follow my progress here:

Moonglow Builds a Boat

Troubled Waters - an Introduction to the Seas
      For centuries, the kingdoms of Cellion and Aridia have warred over the seas that separate them.  For the last 100 years, a shaky truce has kept war from the water.  But rumors have surfaced that the Aridian Emperor is dead, and tension once again brews over the waters between.

To the east of the mainland lies the Great Sea Wall, a vast expanse of jagged rocks, stretching high up out of the ocean.  Beyond this wall are the Wild Seas.  The waters are violent and dangerous, and terrible creatures inhabit the depths.  Few have reason to travel these forsaken waters, and fewer still are brave enough to attempt it.

It is said that long ago, Chrona, the goddess of death, forsook the seas.  Drowned souls are doomed to swim the waters for eternity, never able to rest.  Because of this, sailors have a healthy fear of the seas they travel, and go out of their way to rescue the bodies of any who die at sea.  Only proper burial on land can carry their souls to the other side.

Yet for all the danger and risk inherent in sea travel, many find its call alluring.  The open ocean, the promise of new land, and the rumor of lost treasures from times long ago.  But for those attracted by treasure, nothing is more alluring than the lost treasures of Captain Dread.  The legendary and fearsome pirate king was rumored to have hidden an immeasurable horde of treasure on the island of Istishia.  And yet the island's location remains a mystery.  And as for Captain Dread?  He vanished, along with his ship, and the knowledge of the Istishia's whereabouts.

Captain Ulysses Ashe
      Captain Ulysses Ashe is said to have sailed alongside the infamous Captain Dread.  Word around Port Venture is that he's looking for a crew to man The Bloodhawk.  And rumors say he's going after the lost treasure.

Frost?  Who is this Frost guy?  This is Captain Ashe!  Every crew needs its captain.
      In the role of Captain Ashe, we have Barnabus Frost, Pirate Captain 77132

But our captain here needs a proper base, and he's missing something pretty important...

... ahh much better!  A base as symmetrical as his needed some green stuff to blend it out.  I'm not the greatest at it but it works.  Also made a hat for the first time!  Found a guide on the interwebs of someone making pirate orcs and the hat seemed pretty simple.  Just flatten out a small circle of green stuff, press it on your minis head, fold up the back flap, then fold the front two sides.  Easy peasy!

Just need to let that Green Stuff cure before i can prime and paint.

Ghosts of the Drowned Souls
      With the seas forsaken by the goddess of death, the drowned souls are doomed to swim for eternity.  Here they are easily picked up by all manner of dark being promising them an escape from their eternal suffering.  

"You best start believing in ghost stories."

No pirate campaign would be complete without some ghost pirates!  I was painting up a demi-lich recently and loved the ethereal wisps i ended up painting on it.  So i felt inspired to paint up some other ghostly minis.

Finally decided to put some paint on the Ghost Pirates from Bones 4.

I started by gluing them to bases and blending the edges in with some super glue and baking soda.

I have started trying to think about what i'm going to paint before priming and choosing a primer based on that.  I typically prime grey but figured it'd be useful to prime these ghosts with white so i'm giving that a try.

Going to paint up the ethereal wisps with a bluish-green color and transition to a more traditional physical paintjob on their clothes and bodies.

Also, if it wasn't obvious, I decided to paint over the translucent.  I've avoided the translucent minis so far because I wasn't sure how to handle them, but I think I might end up being in the camp of painting over them.  I think i can both control the paint better that way, and will enjoy the end result better.

• By Werkrobotwerk
      Made a weird little conversion based on my destiny 2 warlock. 
      He's built out of a warlord red army soldier in winter clothing, Mantic gcps arms, soda pop minis head and other random bits. 

• By Inarah
      A pair of speed painted 3d printed robots I completed during my 4th of July Paint Binge.  I found the GW Contrast paints to be very good at covering large smooth surfaces easily.  The red one was from a KS project by EC3D. (and yes, it's missing an arm) I am not sure where my husband found the other one, but maybe Thingaverse.  

• By Inarah
      A line of concrete barricades from Secret Weapon.  I had fun painting them to look dirty and battered.

And here's my whole collection:

• By Jasper_the_2nd
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/rebelminis/rebel-minis-motorpool-kickstarter/description
      Story
      Welcome to our newest Kickstarter! You'll notice this one is a little different. In this Kickstarter we are offering the STL Files of some of our classic models for you to print on your home 3D printers. These files, created and designed by John Bear Ross, offer tons of combinations and entrance into an amazing realm of sci-fi models. These models come scaled in 15mm AND 28mm!
      Now, keep in mind, these are for personal use, not for commercial or resale. We own the copyrights and designs but for the sake of this Kickstarter, we are allowing the files to go to you, our loyal supporters.
      So why are we doing this Kickstarter?
      Short answer…We are raising funds to increase our in-house printing capabilities. This will allow us to develop more detailed models, models in larger scales, and bring out even more product lines. Rebel Minis is growing and we want you guys to be part of it.
      But we can’t do it without you, so please consider pledging, and spreading the word!
      Thank you,
      Mike and JBR
      The Reward
      We have only one. ALL the files listed to be available for one pledged amount.  You get the files to everything you see scaled in both 15mm and 28mm.
      Your pledge of $40 gets the whole kit n’ caboodle.  Once again, this is for PERSONAL USE! You do not have permission to distribute, copy or sell the files. *C'mon man, you know that ain’t cool!*
      Stretch Goals
      If we reach our goals, we will unlock stretch goals. These files will be added to the reward and download at the same time.
      Delivery
      After the Kickstarter ends, and if it is successful, you will get a survey to confirm your email. Later, when they are ready, we will email you the links for download.
      The Files
      Look at all these Glorious Files, they can be yours!
      Can I print the weapons and vehicles on FDM and Resin Printers? 
      Yes, everything should be printable on both types of printers found in common use. Most of our prints are optimized for desktop resin printers like the Anycubic Photon or the Elegoo Mars, but FDM should be able to support most builds. If we encounter files that are too large for resin printers, we will happily go back and supply sliced and optimized files to be printed in smaller chunks
      Gun drones, gun carriages, and weapons. 28mm and 15mm. The  Gun Carriages and brand new and have never been issued.
      15mm Painted Gunbot examples Gunbots and Gun Carriages Painted Example of 15mm Scaled Gun Turret The Sci-Fi Cycle build is a Fan Favorite. Weapon mounts on each side could be scaled for a variety of weapons.
      15mm Painted Examples of teh Sci-Fi Cycles With a variety of uses, The Combat Flatbed is a main stay on the future battlefield. The Hull can use the APC Treads from our other armored units, or use the original lifters as shown.
      15mm Painted Examples of the combat flatbed  MATVs come in both 15mm Classic and 28mm Upscale versions. Weapons turret has options for an M240G, M2 .50 Cal, M134 Gatling, and Mk47 Striker Grenade Machinegun. The MATV Truck is a new addition.
      15mm Apache Painted Example MATV Breakdown The Sahadeen's ride of choice, the Gila Fast Attack Vehicle. In 15mm Classic and 28mm Upscale. Weapon modifications for a variety of scenarios.
      Gila 15mm Painted example Gila Breakdown The Earth Force APC with a new grav module, treads that can also be used on the Combat Flatbed, the classic turret, and a double-barrel variant turret. There is a lot of flexibility in this model in both 28mm and 15mm scales.
      15mm Painted APC Wolverine Example APC Variations APC Breakdown  The Titan builds have multiple connection points to create multiple builds with the APC and the Light Tank.
      15mm Titan Build (painted) 15mm Scaled Titan APC Painted Example Titan ApC Grav Build Titan Track Build   Titan LTH Painted Titan LTT The Merka has been one of our best sellers in 15mm. New to this line is the battle-tank-sized grav kit has well as new small guns for the turret.
      15mm Scale Painted Examples 28mm Scale Print Merka Variations  Stretch Goals
      Below are our stretch goals and if we reach those goals, new STL files will be unlocked! Take a look!
       If we reach $2000, All Motor Pool pledges will receive the STL files for the Brand New Titan Battle Tank!
      Titan Battle Tank Stretch Goal If we reach $3000, All Motor Pool pledges will receive the STL files for the Brand New Mega Merka Tank... Madness!
      Mega Merka Stretch Goal!  
  • Who's Online   10 Members, 1 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)