Here it is: the dreaded Demogorgon...

This was the first larger scale mini I painted. It was a lot of fun, especially watching it come alive with a wash on the furry and scaley bits.

Enjoy! As always, tips and suggestions are welcome. :)

-E.E.

20170311_104346.jpg

20170311_104618.jpg

20170311_104752.jpg

20170311_104813.jpg

• Like 22

Nice!

The first pics don't show him to well, maybe more focus?

From what I can see a nice job!

• Like 1

I'll add a couple more detailed shots this afternoon(EST). Thanks! :)

UPDATE: New photos showing more body detail...

20170311_114100.jpg

20170311_114041.jpg

Edited by EldritchEladrin
  • Like 11

Looks great! The only comment I would make for improvement would be to push your highlights your highlight colors a bit higher.  My experience has been that sometime you think you've got it light enough, then you seal it and end up with less than you thought.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Sergeant_Crunch said:

Looks great! The only comment I would make for improvement would be to push your highlights your highlight colors a bit higher.  My experience has been that sometime you think you've got it light enough, then you seal it and end up with less than you thought.

Thanks for the tip! :) Much appreciated.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      In compliance with the forum rules, you will have to actively choose to see the naked demonic female form by clicking the links:

Fully frontal Demon 1

Fully frontal Demon 2

Fully frontal Demon 3

Virina, Female Demon from the first Bones kickstarter. A classic succubus-style female demon. This was a quick paint job, nothing much to say about it. She is very naked with a nicely sculpted figure. No nipples though. Come on! Even Batman has nipples on his suit! But the sex demon does not get any?

77067 Virina, Female Demon
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 1 KS 2012
      Sculpted by Werner Klocke
      Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
    • By Nethear
      Finished painting the Roc as a Thunderbird. I lost patience halfway through, so not much blending and proper highlighting.

• By vhaidra
      Well I said it already I have started a lot of wips and I`m painting at all from time to time and nothing gets finished.

Lorna The Huntress is a cool sculpt I ever wished to paint and now finaly I started it. I have got 3 wips already and you missed the first 2 ones and so I made a photo collage for you to see the other wip stages too.

Here you can see what I was talking about already: I start messy. I don`t mind about clean painting at all, but with time it all becomes more clean, finer, it gets more depth, more contrast, more vibrant colours and so on. This is the way I work.

I have no real concept for her and still consider about a base. Ideas are most welcome

I have to link her for nudity I`m afraid and the bad news are: My image hoster compressed the images. Aaaaargh. Images are too small, but I hope you see enough. Next time I can upload single photos to my image hoster and because of a different size they won`t be compressed like this big collage. For the final photos of the finished Miniature I will post a link to my homepage and there you also can see all angles of her. Nothing is finished here and I will go on working out all details more.

As always: All feedback is appreciated.

Link for nudity:

Lorna front side

Lorna back side

Cheers,
      Yvonne

• By Manarchist
      My first post here! I thought the bones 4 ape men would make good soldiers for my growing demonic army. Still thinking of tweaking some of the smaller details and considering also painting the armored one as a barlgura. Tried to give some texture by dry brushing orange over a black base coat for fur. I also tried to dry brush around the eyes to create a deep red glowing effect.

Shown with a human paladin for scale.
      C and c welcome but keep in mind I’m pretty new to this!

The monster Manual art for reference:

• Who's Online   44 Members, 5 Anonymous, 47 Guests (See full list)