• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great work.  I love how the runes/tattoos turned out.

On 3/12/2017 at 9:09 AM, KruleBear said:

Nice. He turned out great. Sorastros videos are not only informative, but soothing to watch. 

I'm also a fan of Sorastro's videos.  Informative, Yes.  But soothing is an understatement.  They put me to sleep every time.  Might have something to do with me watching them later in the evening, but still...

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By R2ED
      Took a shot at the ol OSL. 

This model is from my youth that I'd always been afraid to paint because i didn't want to mess it up.  Years later, now I feel like my skills are better and it was worth a shot.  Not only did I take a shot, I did it with a real challenge applied to it.  I was either going to mess it up - or REALLY mess it up.  

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  Using the colors red and purple seem very wizardly.  Felt like a strong combo and happy with it.
      *  The OSL I did was using a dry brush and sweeping it from the main source and only moving in that direction.  
      *  After the initial area had been 'zoned' I went in and brought up the colors further.  I had a difficult time identifying what would be lit or not.

Misses:
      *  The highlight on the face is way too much.  I wanted a light cast to it, but Iwasn't thinking like sitting in front of the sun.  Help.
      *  What colors to use for bringing up a light source?  I was thinking some kind of fire getting cast away.  I went Orange, Yellow, White, but only hitting white up close and fading to deeper colors farther from the source.
      *  The shading in the cape and undercape - I didn't do anything but feel it does need something.  Does it look strange without it?

If I were to base this one, I'm wondering how I can really knock this light effect out on the base, too.  I may end up just leaving this as is and thinking fondly of it as a first attempt at OSL.  I also think having taken a challenge piece from my childhood and honoring it with something fun to do in my adulthood felt...redeeming.  
    • By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, now that the event is over, here are some more pictures of my entry in the 17th Quarterly contest. A big thanks to everybody that voted for me. This is a 77752, Female Minotaur sculpted by Jason Wiebe. It was a fun model to work on and I challenged myself painting object source lighting (OSL) on it. I made the fire with pieces of popsicle stick and Liquitex heavy gel medium.

• By Pochi
      A different take on my second frost giant queen and I tried out some freehand on her skirt and cloak. I wasn't able to take Brice Cocanour's class at RVE but I was able to watch it on youtube and took his technique and tried out my own designs

Edit: Forgot to mention she is my trio entry with @Evilhalfling and @Kuroneko. 

• By Samedi
      Finally varnished and ready for the table: Sepp, Brunhilde and Urs.

I painted them up to kick off my Rangers of Shadow Deep Project. More infos and a bit of backstory can be found in this WIP.

Those three are my first attempt at OSL. Luckily, I did not have to make this journey alone: I'd like to thank @Geoff Davis for a great class at RVU and an even better private lesson via zoom.

Enjoy, C&C very welcome!

• By Geoff Davis
      A Hellcat Hacker for my Corregidor Nomads team for Infinity. 

• Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)