pinkymadigan

Privateer Press - Blackbane's Ghost Raiders as KoW Wraiths

The Salty Spooks look FANTASTIC...GREAT brushwork & a TERRIFIC base. The colors & the swirling mist do wonders for the overall effect. VERY WELL DONE!

• Like 1

What colors did you use?  It looks like a turquoise and a white wash/layering.  They look great, and the basing fits them really well, fog effect and all. 

26 minutes ago, Darkmeer said:

What colors did you use?  It looks like a turquoise and a white wash/layering.  They look great, and the basing fits them really well, fog effect and all. 

So, it was a white base, then a minty green turquoise wash that has long since lost its label and been re-potted. I think it was originally a mid 90s GW paint. A quick side brush of white over that, then a bit of Reaper Clear Purple at the base and accenting features I wanted to add pop to.

Last, a very light, controlled white drybrush.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pinkymadigan said:

So, it was a white base, then a minty green turquoise wash that has long since lost its label and been re-potted. I think it was originally a mid 90s GW paint. A quick side brush of white over that, then a bit of Reaper Clear Purple at the base and accenting features I wanted to add pop to.

Last, a very light, controlled white drybrush.

Thank you.  I've wondered about some of the contrast work for some of these.  I really do like them and the colors weren't far off, except I missed the purple entirely!