• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/21/2017 at 3:24 PM, Evilhalfling said:

Is he fun to paint?  I love all the bolder like muscles. 

yours looks pensive.  not sure why. 

the skin, kilt and chain are well done but im not sure about the metal on club, what color did you use? 

He was fun to paint.  I used a copper on the club, and a brown wash.  A bit Shiney in the pic, but metal has never been a strength.  

Thanks everyone, the kilt is probably my favorite part as well.

9 hours ago, Xherman1964 said:

Looks Great!

Love the furs and the muscles!

Thanks Xherman!  I really wasn't impressed by the skin, and almost repainted it.  However, the more I looked at it the more it grew on me, and by the time I finished everything else it was "good enough".

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By RogaDanar
      Here are two very different pieces that happened to come on the same week.

Krug, Hill giant chieftain.
      I borrowed my friends version of this mini about six months ago to use in my campaign. I called him "King Krud" and the players had to negotiate with him for passage through his territory. They made it through just a few horses and some gold short. Negotiating with a hungry hill giant is not an easy task. The players and I liked "King Crud" so much that I had to buy my own and I will be making him a reoccuring monster. 
      I tried a few new things with this guy. I have been working hard to create some depth and shape using shading. Even though I used true metallics to do the metal, I tried to add some dark and light to give it some depth and shape. I think you can see that on the left wrist manacle and the chain along the back. I also used lighter darks on the lighter top and darker darks in the darker areas that are shaded. 

Humblewood mouse musketeer (or some such). 
      These figures have just been fun to paint and I can't wait to use them in the game.

• By WhiteWulfe
      Finished my first mini this year, and oddly enough it was a speedpaint, taking just over an hour...

On the flipside, some of those colours work together really, REALLY well, like Sunrise Orange and Heart Throb Paint.

• By golldan
      This is the Hill Giant from 77939. I have not finished the cat yet, so I only have the Giant here. I have been trying to add various colors (layers of color for one area/color) to my minis to make them more interesting. Following some of the painters here and other utubers and painters like Angel G. I used an Imperial Purple base for this entire mini and then did Troll Flesh as next base for skin and then built up reddish skin tones for skin and then went lighter tan. Hope you enjoy, I had fun painting him.

• By nirnaethbearclaw
      Painted Krug up for an upcoming game with my kids. Can't wait to get him on the table

• By WhiteWulfe
      The Al Fasid, also known as "The Corrupted", are HaqqIslam's heavy troopers that will get the job done no matter the cost.  Their methods aren't always the prettiest, and they're never the stealthiest, and they have their own tricks they bring with them to the table.  They don't care about glory, and are solely chosen for their solid record of getting the job done.  Some enjoy it, some are in it for the solid paycheque, and others do it because the only thing theyy know what to do is fight.  Today I have the HMG version, who also conveniently carries a grenade launcher that can shoot either regular grenades to keep enemy heads down, or smoke grenades to provide additional cover.  Oh, they also pack anti-personnel mines with them too...

Since the "tactical rock" under his right foot kind of looked rather strikingly like the backpack for a Yu Jing (even though I'm not having any luck finding models to confirm this), I decided to try and test out my planned colour scheme for them.  That's right, I'll be going with a dark raver / cyberpunk burnt neon pink for their general colour, because why not - I'm going with hot orange for my Haqq...
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 29 Guests (See full list)