Jump to content
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

      Only 75 emoji are allowed.

    ×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

    ×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

    ×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Standifer
      This is one of my armies that I’m working on for Dragon rampant. Sadly there are not many pictures to post of it right now since I don’t have many models, yet. But a large portion of it will be made up of Reaper overlords units with a couple of minis from others brands thrown in. 
      The first one! This is an Overlords Onyx phalanx by Reaper minis. I needed to compare sizes with my hero before getting a full force so I sadly only have one currently.

       
      The other unit currently being worked on is a Wizkids Nolzurs triceratops that I am converting into a cavalry mount. I am using milliputt for the harness, and am planing to use paper clips to make the reins. I’m wanting to make it barded like a warhorse but I’m unsure on how to do it. Any suggestions?
      I hope to get my rider in here soon so I can start working on that part of the conversion.
      Thankyou for looking!
       
    • By SGHawkins09
      This was my 2019 ReaperCon Open category entry. I took Shaelin, a female bard and converted her to a vampire hunter. I am very happy with how she turned out as these were the most intensive conversions that I have done before.
       
      Changes that I made:
      Removed hawk on shoulder
      Swapped lute for a crossbow
      Added hat
      Removed hood on cloak
      Added fur to cloak
      Swapped sword for crossbow bolt
      Changed cloak clasps
      Added overlap and buttons to tunic
      Added sleeves
       





    • By Evilhalfling
      This was created at Reapercon 2018 at the bones conversion class. 
      removed the rider and the saddle, added the mystery wings. 
      it went through 2 rounds of greenstuffing and re-texturing.  
      only to end up here.  painted between Christmas and New years. 
      I still have issues with the wings, which a mostly drybrushed. Ah well. 
       
       



    • By Crowley
      Since I got a bunch of Bones Ghasts from Bones 2... or was it 3?  Bones 4? Whatever. But I wanted to do something to make them all a little different. So a few simple cuts, and a couple of drops of glue... and I've got some variety in my Ghasts.


      Now to paint them!

    • By HolkDiggity
      Hey, all!
       
      Over the course of Bones 5, there were a few models that I was hoping for. I would say that Reaper totally exceeded my expectations and covered about 90% of my personal hopes. One of the things that wasn't in there was an Azer. For those of you who don't know, an Azer is a creature from the plane of fire, and they resemble Dwarves. They are so hot that their heads are covered in flames, and often this heat causes their weapons to be set aflame as well.
       
      Since I had an extra Dark Dwarf Pounder from my November order, I figured that I'd try my hand at a conversion. I have exactly zero experience with sculpting other than filling gaps or making a rock or two, but I have YouTube, so why not? The first thing that I did was get the model and choose a base to put it on. I went with a simple flagstone base from Secret Weapon.
       


       
      Next, I shaved off and filed down the little "3 Nail" sigil that these dudes wear. I like that Sigil just fine, but its more representative of Duergar than an Azer, so off it comes. I also clipped away the oval base and filed the feet to be flat.
       

       
      Next, I washed the model and pinned it to a cork. I also washed the base and drilled a hole for the pin, and then stuck that on a cork as well. Once the model was dry, I mixed up some Green Stuff and followed along with a step-by-step for fire that I found online. Basically, you start with a cone and stick it down. I put it on the Dwarf's head, and then used a thin tool to push down the edges of the cone into the head and shoulders. Then, I used tweezers to twist and pull the top of the cone into a sort of whirlwind. Then, dipping the tweezers in water to keep them from sticking, I took sections of the Green Stuff and pulled outward and twisted. Once I had the flames the way I wanted them, I went back in with the tool and made more indentations in the fire. I did the same thing with the flames on the weapon.
       


       
      I'm waiting for him to dry and cure right now, and then I'll get on to priming him and painting him up this weekend! Stay tuned!
  • Who's Online   36 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...