Sign in to follow this  
pinkymadigan

GW High Elf lord king noble guy on Griffon

Giant eagle? That sir is clearly a griffon! :angry:

:poke: looks cool. Great job. I have 2 of these guys i got off ebay a couple years asgo, but intimidated to pain them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smokestack said:

Giant eagle? That sir is clearly a griffon! :angry:

:poke: looks cool. Great job. I have 2 of these guys i got off ebay a couple years asgo, but intimidated to pain them. 

I actually forced him to the front of the queue for storage reasons. I was afraid of losing, bending or breaking one of his bits. I had clipped all my Isle of Blood guys off sprue and stored them in a tackle box, but this guy didn't fit, so he hung out on my shelf causing me mild panic which built up over time until I had to paint him.

• Like 3

He looks great. I fell in love with this model when it came out and had to have it.  He's hanging out on my shelf, half painted...

I love the smoothness you achieved on the feathers. They are so good! Nice mini and beautifully painted!

Stunning! This figure's got a lot of different detailed textures going on (feathers, scales, smooth fur body, cloth, metals etc) & you've pulled it all together beautifully.

Fantastic job on him!!

I've got one of these I picked up second hand for a couple of dollars 'cause his lance was broken (and missing). I haven't repaired it yet, 'cause then that means I'd have to paint it, and I'm not sure I can paint it as well as I want to...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rat13
      At the moment I'm not exactly starved for projects (I've actually got a long list taped to my desk), but what I really wanted was something quick and easy. Luckily one of the projects on that list fit the bill perfectly so my third Imperial Guard joke squad has started. 

Unlike my "Fabulous" squad or even my Tau defectors this is a more nuanced joke. Instead of painting battle hardened Cadiens I'll be painting a squad of the Planetary Defense Force. GW lore is a funny thing whenever comparisons are made as any player can tell you. So while the Imperial Guard especially the Cadiens are "elite" warriors completely at home on the battlefield the Planetary Defense Forces are easily killed cannon fodder living the cushy good life on Imperial worlds. The PDF act as peacekeepers and the first line of defense during any attack and they usually end up dying in droves (not unlike the actual Guard). 

The only real difference at least on the actual tabletop will come down to color scheme. I've decided a peacekeeper's color scheme would work well and I've come up with two options. 
      I think I prefer the blue tunic with the grey armor, but the reverse could work too. I figure I'll just sleep on it and decide tomorrow with fresh eyes, but I'm open to any thoughts/ideas.
    • By GodOfCheese
      I was painting with a bunch of kids, and one of them said "I'll bet you can't finish that bird guy before lunchtime!"

I present to you: the bird guy before lunch time.

• By lazarp
      So this is me trying to paint non-metallic metal for the first time. The mini is one of the dwarves from thehnolog's castlecraft line. Since it is my first, I'm pretty happy with the result. I hope I'll get better at this over time. All comments and suggestions regarding NMM are welcome. Thanks for looking! 

• By Nameless
      I painted some minis from the Kill Team: Rogue Trader box. They are originally a nurglish warband called the Gellerpox Infected, but I will use them in my Swampstalkers army for Kings of War.
      The second line in the big unit is made of Titan Forge ogre pirates mixed with parts of the Reaper's Crab Man (SKU:44110). They are all now Butchers, and they also have the dedicated hero for them (Fleshripper, one with the cleaver ). Smaller guys are Horrors, wizards in my army.

• By Metalchaos
      Hi everyone, here's another 77236, Bloodmane Gnoll Warrior. The original version this time. This model was sculpted by Tre Manor.

77236, Bloodmane the Gnoll Warrior and his friend 77234 Boneflail the Gnoll Cleric.

• Who's Online   24 Members, 0 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)