Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

Recommended Posts

IMG_1801.thumb.JPG.c32e6ff3d0cf93931754da7ff8158dae.JPG

 

My older son (now 27...) has been up to visit twice in the past month or so. Because of the portability we found ourselves playing an old favorite, Hordes of the Things, using 1/72 scale plastic armies assembled from an eclectic variety of sources.  In my usual scattered way, my muse led me to pull out a delayed project, a Hordes expansion army of fantasy-ed Viking barbarians.  My troops, if they are ever completed, will be assembled from a mix of Revell, Orion, and Zvezda figures, mixed within the units.  These two are Zvezda.  I'll go back and collect pictures of the rest of the finished figures later...

Edited by Rob Dean
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The sculpting in Zvezda products is outstanding.  Unfortunately, the Orion and Revell figures are much rougher, so they are harder to paint to a similar standard...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IMG_1803.thumb.JPG.99dc90f07331ca520315477026028970.JPG

 

I had time to finish the last three archers today. The Revell archers, at the left, were pretty flashy and not a lot of fun to work with. They were going to end up with tabletop jobs no matter what I did...oh well, on to basing.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They look great based!

 

I don't play wargames, but it is always cool to see an army arrayed on some terrain.

Love it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Darcstaar
      Just pulled these out of the drawer.  One of these Orcs was next in line on the Bones I Kickstarter Rewards image, so I’ll try to squad-paint them together to save time. They have been cleaned of mold lines.  The spearman’s spear was very bent, as was the great sword.  So, those got weapon swapped with basic weapons from Bones 3.  Those are darker grey.  Washed them, so just waiting for them to dry.  Also had to gap fill spearman’s wrists.
    • By Darcstaar
      I’ve been working on this dragon too.
      It has some serious lean.  In order to try to address this, I cut the front feet away from the back feet, and from each other.  I was hoping gluing the to the base separately would do it, but no!

      Still serious lean.
      I decided to pin the feet to the base, but as I played with it, realized the back feet, left and right front feet would all have to be at different levels.  
       

      It’s now straight and erect.  I had to chop and reposition the tail for this, or else the tip dipped below the level of the base.  Now I need to sculpt green stuff supports around these pins.  Then I’ll try to turn them in to rocks.
    • By Darcstaar
      Starting up another, now that Janan is done.
      Satheras, Male Warlock.  He had a really bent staff.  On the behind shot you can see I cut it off at the hand, wedged a bit out and re glued it into a straighter angle.  I also cut him off his integral base, since it had no texture.
       



      Hoping to try to get a little better at OSL on him, with a green gem in the staff.
    • By Kangaroorex
      In my continuing effort to continue at least 1 dragon a month, here is my next entry, the wizkids gargantuan dragon.  I believe I should name this one PanicusMaximusNecakus because this one presented special and exciting problems because the dragon has apparently decided to do the flamenco feather dance and his wings were a major obstacle when trying to paint the left side of the dragon's body.  I realize the cause was because they were trying to get the dragon in the box but man was that difficult to work with. 
      I wound up spending a lot of time with one hand pinning the dragon and the wing to the table while I painted with the other.  It was not the most convenient method of painting.  He was also very prickly... very, very prickly! 
       
      because its such a big base, I wanted to provide some interest for the game.  I used the old road stamp from Basius to generate some pieces of broken road amongst a clearing in early fall.  I was thinking of adding a smudge of snow but if I did it would conflict with the ruined stone.
       
      Overall though I like how he came out and I really like the results on his tail and his crown of horns. 
      Hope everyone like him.  This is still tabletop quality as I have been trying to produce quantity over quality.


    • By Darcstaar
      Brought some painting models for vacation.  Finished the Hell Hound last night, didn’t WIP it.
       
      Had Yephima on my shelf of shame for a long time.  If it ends up 1/100 as good as the studio version I’ll be happy.  Plan on light blue skin and silvery hair, like the Bestiaries suggest.  Other than that, not sure...

       
      Here she is primed with Brown Liner.  That’s gonna take some work to get the skin tones brighter.
  • Who's Online   25 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...