Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I realize it's not the weekend, but the week was quite busy and I'm happy to have got any of this done at all.
This little wizard's focus for me was going to be brighter colors and trying to do skin and hair better. I think it came out pretty well.
* The base color of red tone and highlighting upward to flesh tone seems to be a good mix.
* Keeping to adjacent colors on the color wheel made for a pleasing, eye-catching combo. I have to say using the reds, oranges, and browns was pretty fun.
* I did as much highlighting and avoiding washes as I could. This has been my practice over the last number of models I've done. I don't get how the videos show people just splashing it on for amazing results. I don't get it, can't seem to do it the same, so I resort to taking more time on starting dark and going light. Much like Dr. Faust's painting videos. I've learned much from watching him.
* Mixing paints is getting better. I used like colors to lighten and highlight and I'm getting a better balance and understanding of how they may look really different wet, but getting to know how they dry and differs greatly.
* The eyes worked better going in order of black first, white second, black third. I was doing a white, black, white and it made the eyes look weird. @Inarah pushed me to try something different and it's been working better.
* The brown hair with little highlights came out good and I'm trying to be very light in my touch to get subtle look versus stark. Win!
* The staff is okay. I tried to give it like some kind of weathered look or cool effect at the end, but it just didn't sing like I had hoped.
* On the back of his cape, there's a part that I tried shading inf that just didn't look believable to the eye. I tried to hit it a few times to catch the light and how to lighten the edgest, but it was lost on me. Fail.
*The skin on his hand held out has a funny look to it up close. I tried to bring out some of pads of his fingers and palm, but it doesn't look as good as I had hoped.
Overall it's another win, and I'm happy with the results.
Having painted a certain number of orcs I've decided that I better get onto my Riders of Rohan force. They are a combination of Footsore's germanic tribes and some Riders from GW's new starter box. Started with some horses:
In front are some bare horses from Eureka that I used to test some schemes. They are quite tiny but should make good objective markers. This is the guide I used.
I have 8 more horses and am thinking I need some more Bay and Brown horses.
This is a thread about the fellowship of the ring. First is Aragorn.
On and on the whole group will come in this thread.
I can stop buying orcs at any time, I promise...
But for now I have a few boxes of plastic Uruk Hai from GW.
Here they are being glued to washers
And some test models, testing both a color scheme and different primers (as you can see). Basecoated
The pikes: Basecoated
Who's Online 19 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)