Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Well though I'd start prepping the 2nd figure of the Kid Adventurers since I noticed my wizard made it into the store.

KidBarb01a.JPG.2a0d8bd8f55a577124db0c0d99ee2a70.JPG

 

And what would adventurers be with out side kicks or such...  So I quickly painted up one of the kids from the townsfolk kids set.  Still working on the base, but I thought I'd post it anyways.

T_Kids1_01.JPG.339e84f47128937b8d66ba2f0b2731f3.JPG

  • Like 14
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since today's work on Sana was basically just her hand, I didn't feel like wasting the paint.  So, I decided to paint up the Barbarian's skin.  I then realized that only really entailed her face.  So I went to work and got a passable result.  I've found that even putting a base coat on the hair around the face just helps bring it more to life, so I painted a base coat for the hair.  SO here was the result of today's session on her.

 

KidBarb02a.JPG.7b8ab48c2a8db737872e0e1841e37e70.JPG

  • Like 19
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Progress marches on.  Today I managed to get the ax painted up NMM style.  I used the same colors I used for the white.  Still need to finish up the belt and ax handle.  Then on to the base.

 

NMM and White:(from darkest to lightest and all RMS)

Dusky Skin

Dusky Skin Highlight

Weathered Stone 

Leather White

Pure White

 

And here was the result

KidBarb05a.JPG.39cddb55f1aed2b11c8929281f5d3db1.JPGKidBarb05b.JPG.6e668003b98006452e20434b4061866d.JPG

  • Like 17
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well with Sana finished and my Zombicide progressing, I though I would begin to work on the base.  Some people in Sana asked me to post how I went about making that base.  So I though I would better document my process, plus some.

 

Well first I grabbed my base and put a few pieces of cardboard to fill up the lip and glued them down.  I then ripped up some cork-board and glued it down with some PVA glue.  Now with this base I decided to try to branch out some and try my hand and a tree stump.  So I folded up a piece of aluminum foil into the rough shape of what I wanted.  I then glued it down where I wanted the stump.  Here is the result of these steps.

KidBarbBase01a.JPG.978bc16aa15d2733d5ae6f89ee9cc392.JPG

 

Next I went mixed up some miliputt,  cause it's what I had on hand.  I then folded some around the foil and flattened the top.  I then proceed to try and shape the bark and stump.  Next I rolled up some thin pieces and went with some roots around the stump.  I then worked the putty till I got it looking close to how I wanted it.  Now I wait for the Milliputt to dry.  Before moving on to the next step.

KidBarbBase02a.JPG.1a77e95cd2859780849baaa20eb1abd5.JPG

  • Like 15
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By ecs05norway
      Been working on these guys as a test for the squad color scheme. Trying some layering on the white, it's working out well so far.
      They're 1:48 scale, same as Star Wars Legion, and I've rebased them onto the same 27mm bases that Legion uses. Mostly because the standard D1947 bases are like 35mm. Way huge.
       
       

    • By Coffee Nerdery Beer
      Hi there all, I've decided to dive into the deep end with finally trying the scary world of OSL. 😄
       
      Feel I've lost the plot on this ... so any advice on how to proceed with this would be greatly appreciated! (Having fun, though, despite not knowing what the hell I'm doing. 😁)
       
      I'm including a "top down" view, which is where I'm most confuddled. That dark line down his arm which represents the shadow from the staff which sits between the source of light ... it just doesn't look right to me.  🤔
       
      So, I'm all ears for suggestions on improvements!
       
       


    • By lexomatic
      Bones 5
      WIP is where the work starts in this thread.
       
      Expansions
      Dark Depths: WIP SHOWOFF
      Dungeon Dwellers: WIP  SHOWOFF
      Brinewind: WIP SHOWOFF
      Brinewind Extras: WIP SHOWOFF
       
      Encounters
      Charnel Pit of the Ghoul Queen: WIP SHOWOFF
      Dwarf King's Crypt : WIP p4, 7-10 SHOWOFF
      Shadows of Ravenhome: WIP SHOWOFF
      Spiders of Emrith Kul: WIP SHOWOFF
       
      Add-ons
      Adventuring kids: WIP SHOWOFF
      Arakoth the Ancient: WIP SHOWOFF
      Handmaidens: WIP SHOWOFF
      Yog Sothoth: WIP SHOWOFF
      Maybe more I don't remember yet
       
      Starting with a dry fit of 19507 Spiders of Emrith Kul encounter set.
      Not sure what to do with those bodies in webs on the slot. Need to go back and look at the pics to see if I should cut them or see if I have a spare slotta base to stand them up.
      Backdrop is a black cardstock.

    • By Mark.Bright
      Hello 
       
        This is my first post really on forums.  I normally post on Facebook. My wife and I paint models alot of the time side by side. Whilst I prep our quarterly contest entry we worked on these Storm Giants...  About half way done.



    • By Cursed13
      Most of these aren't up to date and I've changed bits of them here and there since these, I'll be saving those shots for the finished product, but hopefully you enjoy the journey.


  • Who's Online   11 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...