Well though I'd start prepping the 2nd figure of the Kid Adventurers since I noticed my wizard made it into the store.

KidBarb01a.JPG.2a0d8bd8f55a577124db0c0d99ee2a70.JPG

And what would adventurers be with out side kicks or such...  So I quickly painted up one of the kids from the townsfolk kids set.  Still working on the base, but I thought I'd post it anyways.

T_Kids1_01.JPG.339e84f47128937b8d66ba2f0b2731f3.JPG

• Like 14
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, since today's work on Sana was basically just her hand, I didn't feel like wasting the paint.  So, I decided to paint up the Barbarian's skin.  I then realized that only really entailed her face.  So I went to work and got a passable result.  I've found that even putting a base coat on the hair around the face just helps bring it more to life, so I painted a base coat for the hair.  SO here was the result of today's session on her.

KidBarb02a.JPG.7b8ab48c2a8db737872e0e1841e37e70.JPG

• Like 19

The Progress marches on.  Today I managed to get the ax painted up NMM style.  I used the same colors I used for the white.  Still need to finish up the belt and ax handle.  Then on to the base.

NMM and White:(from darkest to lightest and all RMS)

Dusky Skin

Dusky Skin Highlight

Weathered Stone 

Leather White

Pure White

And here was the result

KidBarb05a.JPG.39cddb55f1aed2b11c8929281f5d3db1.JPGKidBarb05b.JPG.6e668003b98006452e20434b4061866d.JPG

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Well with Sana finished and my Zombicide progressing, I though I would begin to work on the base.  Some people in Sana asked me to post how I went about making that base.  So I though I would better document my process, plus some.

Well first I grabbed my base and put a few pieces of cardboard to fill up the lip and glued them down.  I then ripped up some cork-board and glued it down with some PVA glue.  Now with this base I decided to try to branch out some and try my hand and a tree stump.  So I folded up a piece of aluminum foil into the rough shape of what I wanted.  I then glued it down where I wanted the stump.  Here is the result of these steps.

KidBarbBase01a.JPG.978bc16aa15d2733d5ae6f89ee9cc392.JPG

Next I went mixed up some miliputt,  cause it's what I had on hand.  I then folded some around the foil and flattened the top.  I then proceed to try and shape the bark and stump.  Next I rolled up some thin pieces and went with some roots around the stump.  I then worked the putty till I got it looking close to how I wanted it.  Now I wait for the Milliputt to dry.  Before moving on to the next step.

KidBarbBase02a.JPG.1a77e95cd2859780849baaa20eb1abd5.JPG

• Like 15

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Cursed13
      Most of these aren't up to date and I've changed bits of them here and there since these, I'll be saving those shots for the finished product, but hopefully you enjoy the journey.

• By R2ED
      Got another one of these simple townsfolk done.  I find they make a great opening salvo for the weekend before getting rolling.  They are more or less my practice pieces to try a few things before getting going.  Here he is - the farmer and his hoe.

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  Keeping the palette very simple:Brown, Orange, Cream, Flesh - worked well.
      *  Washes of Nuln oil on the shirt, pants, hood.  Looks good and helped dull the colors like work clothes.
      *  Used Agrax on the leggings and the shoes and the hoe to give a more dirty apperance.  
      *  I used a mix of buff and white streaks, then washed it with Agrax to give the wood appearance.  Not bad.
      *  Flesh was Rosy Shadow - why I used that color, I have no idea - and I did a fleshwash on it.  Then brought it back up with rosy shadow, then again did it with a little added buff.  

Misses:
      *  I really want to learn how to wood grain.  I can't figure it out or do it well and need some help there.  
      *  I also am not a fan of this guy's skin.  I still don't get how to use the triads really well.  Or which skin tone to use for which kind of character.  It's why I like doing beasts or fantastical creatures because skin isn't really a concern.  Could use direction here if anyone is open.
      *  Didn't want to use metal colors, so I just did a black to white to grey fade on the working end of the hoe.  Meh.
      *  The highlights I went back in on the leggings, hood, and shirt are a bit much.  Almost look washed out.  Not sure what went wrong going back over the same areas with the colors after washing, but oh well.

For basing this guy - open to ideas.  I'm thinking just a simple 1" base and nothing complicated.  I'll do whatever someone suggests first.  

• By lexomatic
      Starting with a dry fit of 19507 Spiders of Emrith Kul encounter set.
      Not sure what to do with those bodies in webs on the slot. Need to go back and look at the pics to see if I should cut them or see if I have a spare slotta base to stand them up.
      Backdrop is a black cardstock.

• By Metalchaos
      This is it World Wide Miniatures Day 2021 is here, @maxstyles ways. I'll post my progress here over the weekend. Feel free to join me and post your WIP . Just for the fun of it.
      I cleaned and prepared these models during the week to be ready today. It's gonna be an Ogre weekend. Ready, set, paint!

• By R2ED
      Got another one to submit, but still needs its base.  Mr. Monk here was a pretty fast shot.  I tried to keep colors as simple as possible (which may or may not have been left over colors from my owl bear I did) to just keep the paint moving.

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      *  Used a flat flesh color with the simple Reikland Flesh shade wash.  Combo worked well, but dude looks a little...odd.  Will have to add more warmth next time.
      *  Brown hues and simplicity of the scheme helped.
      *  Really enjoying doing townsfolk because of the limited details I need to get into.  
      *  Hair felt much better this time.  Going with a dark brown, up to a mid brown, then highlight in the ridge of the hairline.  
      *  @Inarah I used your method on rope on his belt.  Worked!

Opporunity:
      *  Playing with flesh tones and how to raise the contrast is very difficult for me.  Without making it look...fake.  I keep trying to find easier ways to do it, but I think it's just gotta invest to get the best results.
      *  Cape volumes didn't really pop.  I was hoping for more depth in the contrast, but it didn't show through and I wasn't willing to push it further after a few failed attempts.  
      *  Painting with bone white or ivory continue to plague me.  Multiple layers needed because of the chalky pigment density.  Anyone got a solve for this?

For a base, I'm thinking of including some kind of cross or something behind him.  We'll see.  I found some pretty nifty little wood engraved sets at Dollar Tree (loving that place more and more these days) that will work perfect.  Speaking of which, I have a demon hunter I haven't based yet, that could use one of those, too. Hm...
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)