Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
By Coffee Nerdery Beer
Hi there all, I've decided to dive into the deep end with finally trying the scary world of OSL. 😄
Feel I've lost the plot on this ... so any advice on how to proceed with this would be greatly appreciated! (Having fun, though, despite not knowing what the hell I'm doing. 😁)
I'm including a "top down" view, which is where I'm most confuddled. That dark line down his arm which represents the shadow from the staff which sits between the source of light ... it just doesn't look right to me. 🤔
So, I'm all ears for suggestions on improvements!
WIP is where the work starts in this thread.
Dark Depths: WIP SHOWOFF
Dungeon Dwellers: WIP SHOWOFF
Brinewind: WIP SHOWOFF
Brinewind Extras: WIP SHOWOFF
Charnel Pit of the Ghoul Queen: WIP SHOWOFF
Dwarf King's Crypt : WIP p4, 7-10 SHOWOFF
Shadows of Ravenhome: WIP SHOWOFF
Spiders of Emrith Kul: WIP SHOWOFF
Adventuring kids: WIP SHOWOFF
Arakoth the Ancient: WIP SHOWOFF
Handmaidens: WIP SHOWOFF
Yog Sothoth: WIP SHOWOFF
Maybe more I don't remember yet
Starting with a dry fit of 19507 Spiders of Emrith Kul encounter set.
Not sure what to do with those bodies in webs on the slot. Need to go back and look at the pics to see if I should cut them or see if I have a spare slotta base to stand them up.
Backdrop is a black cardstock.
Got another one of these simple townsfolk done. I find they make a great opening salvo for the weekend before getting rolling. They are more or less my practice pieces to try a few things before getting going. Here he is - the farmer and his hoe.
* Keeping the palette very simple:Brown, Orange, Cream, Flesh - worked well.
* Washes of Nuln oil on the shirt, pants, hood. Looks good and helped dull the colors like work clothes.
* Used Agrax on the leggings and the shoes and the hoe to give a more dirty apperance.
* I used a mix of buff and white streaks, then washed it with Agrax to give the wood appearance. Not bad.
* Flesh was Rosy Shadow - why I used that color, I have no idea - and I did a fleshwash on it. Then brought it back up with rosy shadow, then again did it with a little added buff.
* I really want to learn how to wood grain. I can't figure it out or do it well and need some help there.
* I also am not a fan of this guy's skin. I still don't get how to use the triads really well. Or which skin tone to use for which kind of character. It's why I like doing beasts or fantastical creatures because skin isn't really a concern. Could use direction here if anyone is open.
* Didn't want to use metal colors, so I just did a black to white to grey fade on the working end of the hoe. Meh.
* The highlights I went back in on the leggings, hood, and shirt are a bit much. Almost look washed out. Not sure what went wrong going back over the same areas with the colors after washing, but oh well.
For basing this guy - open to ideas. I'm thinking just a simple 1" base and nothing complicated. I'll do whatever someone suggests first.
Who's Online 19 Members, 1 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)