• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 23.2.2018 at 2:47 AM, Silvervane said:

The Progress marches on.  Today I managed to get the ax painted up NMM style.  I used the same colors I used for the white.  Still need to finish up the belt and ax handle.  Then on to the base.

NMM and White:(from darkest to lightest and all RMS)

Dusky Skin

Dusky Skin Highlight

Weathered Stone 

Leather White

Pure White

And here was the result

KidBarb05a.JPG.39cddb55f1aed2b11c8929281f5d3db1.JPGKidBarb05b.JPG.6e668003b98006452e20434b4061866d.JPG

Okay. I can see some resemblance. Obviously this is Sanas daughter. But who is the father?

• Like 1

Well, moar work on the base.  The next step I do is glues and grit.  I apply glues to areas that are barren or I feel could use some more interest.  I then apply multiple sizes of sand and stones.  Starting with the largest then move on to the smallest.  If I wanted even larger stones I would probably glue them before this.  Though thinking again, I probably should have put down tufts of grass before this.  I also cut some hairs off a used up brush to act as tall grass that I put into the crack in the cork between the stump and the Kid (I don't think you can see it from the photos.  I should mention that I had hand drilled a hole in her back foot.  I than drilled a hole in the base where I wanted her to stand.

KidBarbBase03a.JPG.f1cdfb785929b49d4f57e71353531e7a.JPG

Now she seems to think there is something behind her.....

Oh my, there does seem to be something there... Thanks to @malefactus

KidBarbBase03b.JPG.a719e67a246d1b0895d15e8258e3f8a2.JPG

• Like 13
  • Haha 4

"Who are you?"

"Me? Ah - don't mind me. I am just an obscure bystander."

"You are? You look like a big talking mushroom."

"Yeah ... I mean ... what a nice axe you've got there. It's pretty sharp, isn't it?"

"It is. You can chop a guy in half. That's not something you can do every day!"

"Sounds like your favorite 80's action film."

"What's that?"

"Never mind. My name is Fungal Spire."

"Barbaria Cutthem."

Cutthem and Spire - the new show on Netflix :winkthumbs:

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, SisterMaryNapalm said:

"Who are you?"

"Me? Ah - don't mind me. I am just an obscure bystander."

"You are? You look like a big talking mushroom."

"Yeah ... I mean ... what a nice axe you've got there. It's pretty sharp, isn't it?"

"It is. You can chop a guy in half. That's not something you can do every day!"

"Sounds like your favorite 80's action film."

"What's that?"

"Never mind. My name is Fungal Spire."

"Barbaria Cutthem."

Cutthem and Spire - the new show on Netflix :winkthumbs:

Wow! That is scarily close to the scene I had in my head.

• Haha 4
31 minutes ago, Silvervane said:

Wow! That is scarily close to the scene I had in my head.

I know ^^

There is a giant mess in my head. And this mess just created a wonderful cartoon/anime-esque intro movie, using some of the characters shown here and the Red Hot Chili Pipers' "The Pig Jigs" song as BGM. Haha. Couldn't end a day better ;-D

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

With Grin out of the way and my system, time to get back to this project.  Now I've said it lots of times, It still feels that working on a base is like painting another miniature.  So after finishing the figure I get this feeling that drags me down a bit saying "but I already finished the figure, why do I have to paint another," (aka the base).  But I continued on today and made a bunch of progress on the base.  I tried using my phone to document my progress on the base.  Yet, somehow the photos never got saved. :angry:  So I retook the last one on where it stands before I start the kid's 'friend' Fungal Spire.  Yes, I'm totally stealing that.

KidBarbBase04a.JPG.31ca92c392bfeb465c042edd776e8a10.JPG

Now, I also got F.S. primered up to paint as well. I'm thing of going with the classic Orange-Red w/ white dots to contrast the blue.

KidBarbFriend_01a.JPG.fd8a93b823ced420adf52af992966b31.JPG

• Like 12

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.