Sign in to follow this  
imars

77149: Damien, Hellborn Wizard and Henchman

While in the painting swing, I painted 77149: Damien, Hellborn Wizard from the Bones Kickstarter. While doing that, I had an old figure from a friend. The figure is worn; all the edges have been smoothed. His only distinguishing feature is that he is carrying a lot of baggage. I would be curious to know where he is from if anyone can identify him. 

I used a strong tone on both figures. I fear that it made Damien a little muddy. I also did not wait long enough for the tone to dry before I flocked the base, so you can see static grass in the crevices of the figure. I noticed this after I took the picture. I think I got all the grass off. ::(:

DSC04226.JPG

DSC04227.JPG

DSC04228.JPG

• Like 19

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mutilatedlips
      Finished him rather quickly because he was a breeze to paint. No assembly required is always welcome.
      Only complaint I might have is these reaper models with already sculpted thick bases that I have to try and work around to base the figure myself. 
      Steals away some of the creativity and fun.

• By Thrym
      WizKids Dungeons & Dragons
      HELLBORN TROLL

I present to you the almost nuclear looking troll that utilizes FolkArt's Ultra Dye "Purple Rain" as its inspiration and base shadow and wash.  Also included in the skin triad are Reaper Blood Red and Reaper Brilliant Red for the highlights.

I'll add the remaining paint list later when they are in front of me.  For now, pictures:

Some close up shots:

Enjoy!
    • By Doug Sundseth
      Another Bones figure. I'm not entirely sure where the color scheme came from. I just started and it kind of grew. 

This is a very annoying figure to paint. The hat brim is very wide and there's detail under it that is almost impossible to get to. The same is true of the beard. But the semi-random color scheme turned into something way outside what I usually paint, but in a good way.

Bones are great for experiments, because I don't feel like I have to obsess about every detail like I would for a competition piece. And I think my quality is going up as a result.
    • By NyarlaBcn
      In 2018 I got one of my favourite 25th Anniversary miniatures, Darius the Blue. I actually have all three of Darius sculpts, the latest being my favourite too. 
      First I tried to paint it with the same mosaic pattern Reaper used, without any success, so I settled with... kind of a freehand that I didn't like at all and a very excentric color palette. 
      That (in my opinion) failed attempt got stuck on my head and recently I bought another one to paint it again, and I'm a lot happier with the results. This is my only "1 year improvement" pic, and I thought on sharing it here since being the exact same miniature I would love some feedback. 

Here the 2018 version 

And the 2019 version that I just finished today 

• By Broomie
      Hi there, this is my first attempt at OSL. I was going for drama, but it does seem a little heavy handed. I learned alot painting it. I'm fairly pleased with it.
      Feedback and questions welcome. Thanks for looking!

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 105 Guests (See full list)