Howdy all!

I'm going to start a Mouse Guard group for kids (around 5 to 7-ish years old) soon. I have the mouseling minis for the mice themselves, but I need minis for a wide variety of NPCs and enemies. This is the tentative list I've come up with, based on the core book and the size chart that I attached. I'd like to stay within Bones, but I'm totally okay with spreading out into different Reaper brands. If you folks have any suggestions, it would be much appreciated. I'm mostly looking for miniatures that fit the size categories and look similar to the creature intended (i.e., the Dragon Tortoise for a snapping turtle). If the animal has (Int) in front of this, it has its own society in the world of Mouse Guard, and thus would be wearing clothes, wielding weapons, etc. Thanks for the help!

(Colossal-Gargantuan)
Bear--Schleich Grizzly Bear 14685
Moose--Shleich Bull Moose 14781

(Huge)
Wolf--Schleich Wolf 14741
Wolverine--Schleich Wolverine 14646
Deer--Schleich White-tailed Buck 14709

(Large-Huge)
Coyote--77202: Warg
(Int) Otter/Sable--Harrek - Otter Cleric - DSM8083 and Otter Knight with Sword and Shield - DSM8087 and Otter Ranger with Bow DSM8089 and Otter Rogue with Loot - DSM8088 and Otter Mage with Staff - DSM8090 and FL13 Otter Mercenary and FL11 Otter Rogue

(Large)
Fox--77202: Warg
Badger--Safari Ltd. Badger 295429 and FL05 Gnarls and Thug, Shrew Slaver and Slave Badger (shows an intelligent badger but way better scale than anything else)
Raccoon--Safari Ltd. Racoon 223029
(Int) Marten--Harrek - Otter Cleric - DSM8083 and Otter Knight with Sword and Shield - DSM8087 and Otter Ranger with Bow DSM8089 and Otter Rogue with Loot - DSM8088 and Otter Mage with Staff - DSM8090 and FL13 Otter Mercenary and FL11 Otter Rogue
Cat--77341: Lions (2)
Snapping Turtle--77334: Dragon Tortoise

(Medium-Large)
Skunk
Beaver
Hare
Whistle Pig
Porcupine
Owl--77156: Owlbear

(Medium)
(Int) Weasel/Mink--Wererat matriarch: 77296 and 01429: Shoatima, Otter Ranger (sadly no longer in production) and BB20 Weasel rogue and FL01 Drunken Weasel and BB11 Ferret Rogue
Mole
Squirrel
Rabbit--Schleich Wild Rabbit 14631
Flying Squirrel
Snake--03676: Giant Snake (not bones)
Bullfrog--02665: Killer Frogs (not bones)
Lizard/Newt/Salamander--77371: Basilisk
Crow/Killdeer/Blue Jay--

(Small-Medium)
(Int) Mouse--Mouselings!; Evil Mice: BB17 Great Brown Rat and FL02 Black Rat Witch and BB16 Rat Warrior and BB18 Rat Assassain and FL04 Black Rat Rogue
Bat--03795: Giant Bats (3) (not bones)
Chipmunk
(Int) Young Weasel--Wererat matriarch: 77296 and 01429: Shoatima, Otter Ranger (sadly no longer in production)

(Small-Tiny)
Insect--77126: Vermin: Spiders (2)
Baby Snake
Tadpole

natural-order-chart.png

Edited by eltentaculorojo
More helpful suggestions!
  • Like 1

For the intelligent creatures, Dark Sword Miniatures has tons of anthropomorphic animal adventurers.

Really beautiful stuff and look good next to Mouselings.

• Like 2

As mentioned, although they're all metal, between Darksword and Oathsworn you'll find everything you were looking for as far as the intelligent animal races. Oathsworn's figures are all appropriately sized relative to each other - the rats are bigger than the mice and the otters are much bigger than the rats, etc., but Darksword's don't have nearly as much size variation relative to each other. And neither company's mice are exactly the same size as the Reaper mouslings.

Reaper also has a companion animals set, 77216, but these wouldn't exactly be to exact scale with the mouslings...

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the suggestions! Oathsworn is down at the moment, but Darksword had a lot of good ones for the Weasel relatives (apparently their on the 28 mm scale). I've updated my list based on what I found on their websites.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eltentaculorojo said:

Thanks for all the suggestions! Oathsworn is down at the moment...

Sorry about that! We've taken the webstore down at the moment, as we've been working flat-out on Kickstarter fulfillment. It should be back up sometime this week though...

• Like 2

Some of the plastic animal toys they sell at toys r us, michael's, or target might work well for the giant animals. You might just have to use your imagination for making them "to scale" though.

And Oathsworn makes top notch minis :;): 

• Like 1

I integrated the new suggestions into the list. For those miniatures that don't have a base, I'm probably going to end up buying bulk round bases from Games Workshop and gluing them there so they can fit the grid. Woo boy, Oathsworn and Darksword are absolutely gorgeous now that I can see both. Now I just have to hope that somebody in the NYC-Metro Area sells them.

Welcome to our Asylum away from Home!

You can check the "Complete Strategist" at 11 East 33rd street to see if they can order them for you...

(Great game store by the way.... very nice and knowledgeable folks)

Just a heads up: When you see someone posting in PURPLE, they are being sarcastic and or teasing....

There is also a New England Miniatures Painting Association that meets in Groton CT (usually) once a month or so....

Info thread Here

Hope you enjoy your stay!

• Like 2

On 3/28/2017 at 7:29 PM, eltentaculorojo said:

I integrated the new suggestions into the list. For those miniatures that don't have a base, I'm probably going to end up buying bulk round bases from Games Workshop and gluing them there so they can fit the grid. Woo boy, Oathsworn and Darksword are absolutely gorgeous now that I can see both. Now I just have to hope that somebody in the NYC-Metro Area sells them.

Also bulk bases can be gotten from a wide variety of sellers, including Reaper