• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By wickedshifty
      My work on the griffon from bones 4 

• By GodOfCheese
      I was painting with a bunch of kids, and one of them said "I'll bet you can't finish that bird guy before lunchtime!"

I present to you: the bird guy before lunch time.

• By Dae
      I planned to go for the coloring suggestion on the box, except with brighter feathers. After base coat and a wash it seemed to turn rather plain. I keep the underside this way, while for the top side of the wings I started adding some variation to the feathers, gradually daring to add more detail and contrast. Took a while to get there, but in the end I was happy and called it finished. I even took a fun picture with it:

But now that I'm a few minis wiser, I demoted him from finished to lacking base. And this is where I am stuck now. 

I had this plan of making a sandstone cliff looking base. I positioned him and started building up terrain, working carefully not to damage the finished mini. I colored some stones of various sizes in a few colors so I don't need to paint as much around the mini and I started to glue my rocks carefully around the base. 

I kept working on it for hours thinking I am getting somewhere, but once I took a break and looked at it again from all sides... I stand by my rocks, I think in a few steps they'll look great, but the scene makes no sense. These are not cliffs, more like a stone quarry, what would a griffon be doing there? - that's too specific and unlikely.

Time to "delete" this somehow and start over... Wish me luck!

https://pocketsizedadventurers.wordpress.com/2019/12/18/griffon-wings/

• By EbonStorms
      As I continue to learn airbrushing, I've been experimenting with some larger minis.
      This Bones Griffin was one of the minis I sent in the Summer Mini Exchange.  Everything except for the eyes, beak, and claws used the airbrush.  Even the wash was sprayed on using the airbrush which took a couple of tries to get he mix right.

I've had this metal Huge Spider sitting around for many years so I finally decided to give it a go.  In hindsight, I wish I would have painted the parts first then put it together.  I only used a traditional brush on the eyes.

Lastly is Cadirith the Demonic Colossal Spider.  And this ting is truly Colossal.  It's base is about the same size as a CD (remember those).
      Again, I really wish I would have painted it before I put it together.  Airbrishing around the legs all assembled was a nightmare and I think I would have done more striping if it was pre-assembled.  I used a traditional brush on the eyes, bones, and spikes.

• By pinkymadigan
      I don't even know what this model is in Oldhammer, let along Age of Sigmar. But I liked it (part of a big army deal with rats and elves, I play the rats) and wanted to paint something not Undead, not rats, and to help build my KoW collection (my opponents now use him as a Drakon Lord). My NMM gold always turns out a lot better than my NMM silver, so I decided my elves, when I eventually paint them, will have gold in their scheme.

• Who's Online   15 Members, 2 Anonymous, 37 Guests (See full list)