Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I planned to go for the coloring suggestion on the box, except with brighter feathers. After base coat and a wash it seemed to turn rather plain. I keep the underside this way, while for the top side of the wings I started adding some variation to the feathers, gradually daring to add more detail and contrast. Took a while to get there, but in the end I was happy and called it finished. I even took a fun picture with it:
But now that I'm a few minis wiser, I demoted him from finished to lacking base. And this is where I am stuck now.
I had this plan of making a sandstone cliff looking base. I positioned him and started building up terrain, working carefully not to damage the finished mini. I colored some stones of various sizes in a few colors so I don't need to paint as much around the mini and I started to glue my rocks carefully around the base.
I kept working on it for hours thinking I am getting somewhere, but once I took a break and looked at it again from all sides... I stand by my rocks, I think in a few steps they'll look great, but the scene makes no sense. These are not cliffs, more like a stone quarry, what would a griffon be doing there? - that's too specific and unlikely.
Time to "delete" this somehow and start over... Wish me luck!
As I continue to learn airbrushing, I've been experimenting with some larger minis.
This Bones Griffin was one of the minis I sent in the Summer Mini Exchange. Everything except for the eyes, beak, and claws used the airbrush. Even the wash was sprayed on using the airbrush which took a couple of tries to get he mix right.
I've had this metal Huge Spider sitting around for many years so I finally decided to give it a go. In hindsight, I wish I would have painted the parts first then put it together. I only used a traditional brush on the eyes.
Lastly is Cadirith the Demonic Colossal Spider. And this ting is truly Colossal. It's base is about the same size as a CD (remember those).
Again, I really wish I would have painted it before I put it together. Airbrishing around the legs all assembled was a nightmare and I think I would have done more striping if it was pre-assembled. I used a traditional brush on the eyes, bones, and spikes.
I don't even know what this model is in Oldhammer, let along Age of Sigmar. But I liked it (part of a big army deal with rats and elves, I play the rats) and wanted to paint something not Undead, not rats, and to help build my KoW collection (my opponents now use him as a Drakon Lord). My NMM gold always turns out a lot better than my NMM silver, so I decided my elves, when I eventually paint them, will have gold in their scheme.
By Lady Cleanbrush
I know I'm terribly late getting this on here, but here's the completed work of my Griffon Samurai! I entered 2 pieces in the Painters category at ReaperCon and this is the one they decided to judge. I couldn't believe my ears when they called my name for a gold medal!! At first I was certain that I missed my name for the bronze or silver categories! I owe it all to the wonderful tutelage of my husband!! He taught me what he knew and gave me the encouragement and motivation to keep going when I wanted to give up! I am truly blessed!!
Whelp, as some have already said, it's all down hill from here! I'm already thinking of ideas for my next piece (possibly a diarama). Thanks again to everyone who has given constructive criticism and encouragement since I joined this forum!! You all are the best!!!
Hey again, after some work, I have now finished another miniature to the point where I am happy to show it off! This time it is the Reaper Bones Griffon miniature, I have been fairly traditional with this one, using Army Painter Warpaints and Quickshade Inks. I think I have done a fairly good job on this one, comments, criticisms, and advice all gratefully received!!
Who's Online 8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)