Jump to content

Talislanta: The Savage Land


Dan d'Lyon
 Share

Recommended Posts

This is now live and funded.

 

About this project

Wilderlands Wilderlands

Talislanta is a fantasy roleplaying game and game-setting that was first published back in 1986.

Unlike most RPGs from the 1980s, the Talislanta milieu was not based on traditional Western mythology. It didn’t have the usual Tolkien-esque trappings of games like D&D; in fact, ads for the game proudly proclaimed, “No Elves”.

The original Talislanta RPG was inspired by the fantasy novels of Jack Vance, and by other sources such as H.P. Lovecraft’s The Dreamlands of Unknown Kadath, Michael Moorcock’s Elric novels, and The Travels of Marco Polo.

The game was set in a strange world of twin suns and seven moons that seemed to be practically overflowing with exotic peoples, places, and creatures. The time was the New Age, a Renaissance-like period that started a thousand or more years after The Great Disaster, a cataclysm that marked the fall of the once-great Archaen Age.

During this era, Talislanta was still a dangerous place, especially in the wilderness regions that lay beyond the walled cities. But for many who lived in the New Age, there was also a sense of hope, and the possibility of greater things to come.

That Was Now.

This Is Then...

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I can understand that they can't carry on and do the Pathfinder or Savage Worlds editions they way they're offering refunds is not appropriate

 

"Alternatively, we will refund pledges for those backers who no longer want TSL (or need to be downgraded to a lower level). This refund will be issued at 90% of the pledge total (or total change to the pledge). (As a note: 90% of your pledge total is the amount Nocturnal Media received after the credit card and Kickstarter fees)."

 

It was their decision to offer the rulesets during the campaign to get people to back or to put in extra cash, it's been their decision to cancel them so they've no excuse to not offer full 100% refunds even if they do have to fund the 10% KS has taken themselves

 

(and if it's a question of not being sure the estate could cover the extra 10% why not offer 90% now and the remaining 10% later if possible) 

 

Edit: I realise the creator passing away was a blow that could have sunk the project and those competing it have done a great thing for the backers so hope I don't come across as too harsh

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...