Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting To Know Each Other - April 2017

2 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

Currently in my good graces:

received_10155076642407604.thumb.jpeg.f2761f47b5922c1112a2392661e783a6.jpeg

Innis & Gunn is one of my favourite brewers. Since I'm diabetic I don't drink beer often, and I try new ones all the time for the taste. I&G has made some amazing batches ever since I found them, they age the beer in scotch and bourbon barrels, usually. I've had the Kith and Kin before and it's amazing, not sure about how the hopped bourbon cask is going to taste, though. Hops is scary.

:wub:

• Like 3

On 4/6/2017 at 8:16 AM, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

I'm fond of just about any meat/pot pie.  Chicken, beef, lamb; I like them all.  I did have a really good venison pot pie at Deacon Brody's in Edinburgh.

I'm with Dilvish on this one.

I really enjoy savory meat pies, especially those with lamb, but I can't think of a special favorite off-hand.

For a nice savory pie I can get locally, the spinach & cheese turnovers available and my friendly local Armenian grocery are delightful (FLAG? :upside:). The people there are very nice too.

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 8

5 hours ago, Aryanun said:

Only beer I like is non-alcoholic Root Beer.

This is me too.  I experimented with beer in collage, but decided it was not for me.  Occasionally a really good Belgium wheat I don't mind drinking, but if they have soda that's my first choice.  

I prefer white wine or a mixed drink  for alcohol consumption. 

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Question for Friday, April 7th,

Today is National Beer Day. Do you drink beer (including root beers, ginger beers, etc.) and if you do, do you have a favorite, and if so, what is it?

I am not a heavy drinker, but I do drink beer.

I usually like stout, porter, wheat beer, and the like. I am not a huge fan of the ultra-hoppy ales that were in vogue with the microbrewers for most of a decade. I also like root beer, ginger beer, and ciders.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Today is National Beer Day. Do you drink beer (including root beers, ginger beers, etc.) and if you do, do you have a favorite, and if so, what is it?

I occasionally drink beer, usually a stout. It doesn't really agree with me anymore though, hence the occasional.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, David Brawley said:

I hated beer as a youngster. When I was 19 I moved to Belgium for school. I had an uncle and a 14 year old cousin there. When I arrived my cousin asked me to go to a youth cafe (a bar for mostly teenagers 14+ that served beer but no hard alcohol) to meet his friends and try some Belgian beer. The look on his face when I told him I didn't like beer was indescribable. He leaned in and quietly explained "you can't say that in this country". Then the 14 year old said he's teach me how to drink beer. lol Then he did! Turned out I hated beer primarily because the Coors, Bud Light (insert common US beer brands around the late 80's early 90s) just didn't have any favor. The kid had outstanding taste in beer. 

The first thing he threw at me was tap drawn Westmalle Dubbel.

It was like killing a fly with a hand grenade.

To this day it's still my favorite brew. Not that I haven't had slightly better beers. It's just my favorite. 

Other favorites include: Unibroue Trois Pistoles, McEwan's Scotch Ale, Westmalle Tripel. and Gulden Draak.

Unfortunately, I can't drink beer anymore. Gluten. Not that I ever drank a lot of it. Just an occasional glorious, toe-curling treat among friends. But I'll never forget the glory that is:

westmalle%20dubbel.jpeg

Edited by CorallineAlgae
  • Like 8

For Thursday:

There is a particular Cornish dish, the pastie (pronounced pass-tee, get yer mind out of the gutter). In the ancient days of the 1980s, this one company tried to compete with microwave burritos by selling frozen pasties, and regrettably went under. I liked the things, looked 'em up, and learned how to make 'em. They're quite good. I also favor beef and pork pies.

For Friday:

I have been known to drink beers. Drank like a fish in college, although since I have cut way back on the lagers. I still indulge, but nowadays I tend to favor craft brews; the Brits make a brew called Hobgoblin that I rather like, and Denver is infested with little craft breweries; there's one up in Idaho Springs, Tommyknocker, that makes a nut brown ale I very much enjoy, although they don't produce it year round, durnit.

21166.jpg

Edited by Dr.Bedlam
  • Like 7

April 7th:

My beer of choice tends to depend on where I'm working. At Uncorked it was Shiner Black, at the bakery Mosaic, and currently I'm drinking mostly Pearl as it is a buck a can and thus within my budget. I have a fondness for Hamms, due to the fact that most of the gig posters I drew were done under it's influence and I enjoy the occasional Lone Star. I know there are many better beers out there, but Austin is expensive and I'm not about to plunck  down an hours wages each time I get a glass.

• Like 4

Question for the weekend of April 8 + 9

What is the silliest way for people to duel that you can think of?

Examples: Full Contact Origami, Water Pistols at 8:35am, Competitive Miming. 

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

Combat Flower Arranging has been remarkably useful in some of the games I've played in.

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

Dance-off

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

Rapiers at thirty paces.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, David Brawley said:

Joke/prank war. That way, it's fun for the observers, too.

• Like 6