Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting To Know Each Other - April 2017

Since spoons and bowls don't count, then... Most-used gadgets are the kettle and the microwave. Followed by the Big Elfing Knife, then the small food processor and the handheld peeler.

I'm not a big gadget kind of guy. I rarely do anything often enough to justify having a separate gadget for it. If I can't accomplish it with basic tools then I just don't bother with it.

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, David Brawley said:

As you are not Quisitor of the Month and I am, you are overruled!

6 hours ago, Aryanun said:

*BONK!* BONK.gif

::o:  

Mod-Bonk Conflict!

Does ... Not ... Compute ...

IL ... logicalllll....

:mellow:

*faints*

• Like 11

13 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Question for Monday, April 10th

What is your least used kitchen gadget?

What is your most used kitchen gadget?

*gadget - a small mechanical or electronic device or tool

Most used would be my tabletop water boiler.  That is used on a daily basis to ensure that we have warm drinking water at all times.

Least used would be...  I don't actually know.  There is a ton of stuff in one of the drawers that never gets used.  Now that I think about it, I'm not even sure what is in that drawer anymore...

:unsure:

• Like 6

The least used is probably the garlic press.  Turns out that if you have a decent knife, it's quicker and easier to just use that.

The most used?  Well, since I don't have many gadgets, and I'm gonna say a knife doesn't count . . . probably the mandolin.

• Like 7

Okay, here's the funky, gadgety knife:

20170410_201822-662x1935.thumb.jpg.04bc80672ef2697f457e14eeff7b4c75.jpg

20170410_201922-2016x498.thumb.jpg.c737f1b2b7be40b489c9307911e81238.jpg

20170410_202014-1895x696.thumb.jpg.ee5a093b13585f0432603593d66bdc76.jpg

If you can figure out it's real purpose, let me know. The perpendicular blades are sharp. Would be a pita to sharpen.

• Like 8

15 minutes ago, Doug's Workshop said:

The most used?  Well, since I don't have many gadgets, and I'm gonna say a knife doesn't count . . . probably the mandolin.

I had to google that but I think I missed a step somewhere...

You have a mandolin in the kitchen?

https://www.google.com.hk/search?q=mandolin&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSwfa2n5vTAhUDI5QKHcZxCgQQ_AUIBigB&biw=1280&bih=894

::D:

2 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

Reveal hidden contents

If you can figure out it's real purpose, let me know. The perpendicular blades are sharp. Would be a pita to sharpen.

When in doubt, treat it as an instrument of torture...

Edited by Jokemeister
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Jokemeister said:

I had to google that but I think I missed a step somewhere...

You have a mandolin in the kitchen?

https://www.google.com.hk/search?q=mandolin&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSwfa2n5vTAhUDI5QKHcZxCgQQ_AUIBigB&biw=1280&bih=894

Probably just a misspelling. Shoule be mandoline.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Aryanun said:

Probably just a misspelling. Shoule be mandoline.

I just found it by googling for mandolin kitchen!

Have never seen one of those before but it looks super fun and handy!  Wonder why we don't have them in HK...

• Like 6

14 hours ago, David Brawley said:

Question for Monday, April 10th

What is your least used kitchen gadget?

What is your most used kitchen gadget?

*gadget - a small mechanical or electronic device or tool

Least Used Kitchen Gadget? 

Kitchenaid Mixer (too darn big and a pain in the butt to clean!)

Most Used? 

Small Hand Mixer.  Small, easy to clean.

• Like 5

I own both a mandoline  and a mandolin. I'm not sure how that actually happened, as I don't use the former sufficiently to have forgotten about it!

Mine looks nothing like Arya's, however.

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, Sylverthorne said:

I own both a mandoline  and a mandolin. I'm not sure how that actually happened, as I don't use the former sufficiently to have forgotten about it!

Mine looks nothing like Arya's, however.

The knife is not my mandoline (which isn't used because the blade rusted). No idea what it is. I was told by my mom or grandmother it was for making french fries. *shrug*

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Aryanun said:

Hide contents

Awesome Wife has seen one before.  Her grandmother had one.  It was used making decorative garnishes out of fruits or vegetables.

• Like 8

I give up... my Google Fu Powerz have faded and I cannot think of any more search terms that would lead me to exactly what that knife was called or who made it.  Looks like it had a french patent, but that doesn't get you very far.

Couteau POMFR'II

brevet s.g.d.g

Those may not be exact.  It could be POMIER'11 for all I can tell.  Doesn't look like it, but the F might be an E but the spacing doesn't look right for an IER at the end of the second word.  Regardless, there seem to be a lot of any variation of that and no maker's mark, just that it was patented (in my best estimation).

Very intriguing and I hope someone knows exactly what to search for and can tell us exactly, who, when and where these were made.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Grayfax said:

I give up... my Google Fu Powerz have faded and I cannot think of any more search terms that would lead me to exactly what that knife was called or who made it.  Looks like it had a french patent, but that doesn't get you very far.

Couteau POMFR'II

brevet s.g.d.g

Those may not be exact.  It could be POMIER'11 for all I can tell.  Doesn't look like it, but the F might be an E but the spacing doesn't look right for an IER at the end of the second word.  Regardless, there seem to be a lot of any variation of that and no maker's mark, just that it was patented (in my best estimation).

Very intriguing and I hope someone knows exactly what to search for and can tell us exactly, who, when and where these were made.

This is quite a difficult one as well, have been checking for nearly an hour. the words at the bottom is breveté s.g.d.g, which is short for " breveté sans garantie du gouvernement". Translated, it means "Patented without government guarantee." Definitely of French origin, though I'd like a better angle to see the top line of words.

*falls over* Found it:

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.chezunchef.com/1883-couteau-a-frites-lame-inox-9cm.html&prev=search

The French really like their fries. Who knew?

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 10

Least: Coffee maker.

Most: Do knives count? I have two that are mine only and are of moderate quality. I use them near daily.

Favorite more random item: Garlic Peeler

• Like 6