Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting To Know Each Other - April 2017

April 10th:

As I live in a rooming house with no kitchen, small appliances are my only food prep options. The most used would be the microwave and the least would be the forman grill as I don't often have the time/energy to use and clean it. (I tend to make a week's worth of burgers when I do use it and that takes a bit of time. Also I can't use it in the room as it sets off the smoke detector.)

After the microwave, the pizza pizazz and the hot plate run neck in neck.

• Like 4

Question for Monday, April 10th

What is your least used kitchen gadget?

What is your most used kitchen gadget?

*gadget - a small mechanical or electronic device or tool

Least Used : Can Opener...I buy most things fresh, second frozen and then pots and then......cans..

Most Used : The Oven.

• Like 3

My husband has betrayed me! He said that to be considered a "gadget" the tool should have some mechanical component. So spoons don't count. I was so tempted to hit him with one...

• Like 13

27 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

My husband has betrayed me! He said that to be considered a "gadget" the tool should have some mechanical component. So spoons don't count. I was so tempted to hit him with one...

Now, now,...

...once in awhile you have to let him be correct. 

• Like 7

Least used?  I could argue the fire extinguisher - it is technically a gadget, I suppose, but not really what one normally thinks of.  My least used, actual kitchen gadget would be my creme brule torch.  I only use it a couple of times per year.  Sad, really - I think I should use it more often.  Maybe I should set fire to some food this weekend.

Most used?  Coffee pot.  Hands down.  I may microwave leftovers for lunch and dinner on days where I don't cook, but I am brewing a pot of coffee every morning.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

This is quite a difficult one as well, have been checking for nearly an hour. the words at the bottom is breveté s.g.d.g, which is short for " breveté sans garantie du gouvernement". Translated, it means "Patented without government guarantee." Definitely of French origin, though I'd like a better angle to see the top line of words.

*falls over* Found it:

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.chezunchef.com/1883-couteau-a-frites-lame-inox-9cm.html&prev=search

The French really like their fries. Who knew?

/bows down

"I'm not worthy"

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

This is quite a difficult one as well, have been checking for nearly an hour. the words at the bottom is breveté s.g.d.g, which is short for " breveté sans garantie du gouvernement". Translated, it means "Patented without government guarantee." Definitely of French origin, though I'd like a better angle to see the top line of words.

*falls over* Found it:

https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.chezunchef.com/1883-couteau-a-frites-lame-inox-9cm.html&prev=search

The French really like their fries. Who knew?

So I was told correctly.

Weird thing is, we never had homemade fries. :lol:

• Like 9

On 4/10/2017 at 7:13 AM, David Brawley said:

Question for Monday, April 10th

What is your least used kitchen gadget?

What is your most used kitchen gadget?

*gadget - a small mechanical or electronic device or tool

Note that the apocryphal origin of "gadget" was "miniature terrain".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gadget#History

• Like 6

What kind of trouble has our Haminister gotten into this morning?  He is very late with his question, which is very unlike himself.  Should we send out a Search and Rescue team?

• Like 8

33 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

So I was told correctly.

Weird thing is, we never had homemade fries. :lol:

I'm not surprised.  That thing looks like the most dangerous part of a mandoline removed from its protective surround and out in the open for someone to handwave around.  Yikes!

• Like 7

He posted on Bookface that he was on the side of the road waiting on a tow truck.

So, I'll play the quizitor.

Question for Tuesday, April 11th

What is the strangest item you've ever used to base a mini? (As scenery, the base part, or implement used to create something for the base.)

Edited by Kheprera
  • Like 10

I missed the MOST USED part of the question. My coffee maker is the numero uno appliance for me. Life without coffee is not worth living.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Aryanun said:

He posted on Bookface that he was on the side of the road waiting on a tow truck.

So, I'll play the quizitor.

Question for Tuesday, April 1tth

What is the strangest item you've ever used to base a mini? (As scenery, the base part, or implement used to create something for the base.)

I pretty much have to take a pass on this one since I am so new that I have only recently started basing at all.  Haven't really used anything strange on a base (mostly green stuff to try to create a cracked earth look) and one sand base.  The closest I get to "strange" so far is using a shoulder pad from a Warmachine mini to place under the foot of a warjack since it was otherwise unstable.  I did at least get a shoulder pad from a rival faction so the jack is walking over a piece of enemy scrap.  :)  But as I said, that doesn't really count as strange.  Excellent question though and I will be eagerly looking at everyone's answers for inspiration!

• Like 10