Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting To Know Each Other - April 2017

2 minutes ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

This one took me a solid hour of searching with every variation of the words you found in order to find this flumphing thing. Apparently my superpower is stubbornness. :lol:

You and me both.  And every time I would try and stop I had a compulsion to just try one more thing... when I realized I had been looking for over an hour, I figured I better hang it up... I mean, when you are searching out patent drawings, you have definitely gone to the dark side of google-fu...

• Like 8

On the Death Chicken's base, I used a piece of shattered tooth that I spit out whilst working on it...

• Like 16

8 minutes ago, Grayfax said:

You and me both.  And every time I would try and stop I had a compulsion to just try one more thing... when I realized I had been looking for over an hour, I figured I better hang it up... I mean, when you are searching out patent drawings, you have definitely gone to the dark side of google-fu...

LOL I went down the same way, and I used several different keywords for my searches. Once I stumbled onto the meaning of s.g.d.g, I took what others said about this being a french fry knife and put together POM(pomme de terre) and FRIT (frites), and start putting it together from there. That link was the only one that I was able to stumble upon.

• Like 6

I haven't used it yet, but  I swept up a bunch of saw dust from cutting the paneling for my basement workshop/gameroom/wife's golfish room.* I have about three KFC mashed potato containers of it. So sawdust made of cardboard will soon be used. Beyond that I haven't used much of anything unusual. I used a few tea leaves here and there and I also have some leftover bits and pieces from when we redid our kitchen, that I hope to find a use for, but nothing anyone would really consider unusual.

*(Room is still not done. Well it is done, but there is one final piece to put up before we can call it finished and we will get that tonight or tomorrow. Probably tomorrow as we are setting up the goldfish tank tonight.)

• Like 10

Oh wait I have one more thing I'm going to try to use. Apparently snapdragon seed pods, after they are done and dried out often look like odd skulls. My wife salvaged one out of the flower bed the other day and if I can figure out something to do with it, then we will likely harvest more this fall.

Spoiler

snapgdragon+seed+pod+skull+dragons+skull

• Like 17

Ooooohhhh.... Exploding Balsa Wall!  That should go with the figures I want to use... Ok... now to figure this out... 

Heck... I wasn't even in the shower!  Of course, we have had lots of rain today... 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Aryanun said:

Question for Tuesday, April 11th

What is the strangest item you've ever used to base a mini? (As scenery, the base part, or implement used to create something for the base.)

Mine would be the DIY static grass applicator that I made by following a youtube tutorial. It actually works fairly well to make tufts. You don't need to keep the swatter part. I only kept it in case the screen could be used to make a fence for a base.

SD94gXzl.jpg

• Like 10

20 hours ago, Darkmeer said:

Least Used Kitchen Gadget? 

Kitchenaid Mixer (too darn big and a pain in the butt to clean!)

Uhm, I'm not sure what you are doing but you shouldn't need to clean the mixer every time you use it.  The bowl, yes, but what you're making should stay in the bowl and not get on the mixer.

7 hours ago, Aryanun said:

What is the strangest item you've ever used to base a mini? (As scenery, the base part, or implement used to create something for the base.)

Given the things I've seen on the internet, I have come to the conclusion that there is nothing that can be considered strange in basing.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Aryanun said:

I don't know what counts as weird.

I've used a piece of mirror, a cd, random broken metal bits, a lot of plaster and sand, and a bunch of broken minis. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, EvilJames said:

Oh wait I have one more thing I'm going to try to use. Apparently snapdragon seed pods, after they are done and dried out often look like odd skulls. My wife salvaged one out of the flower bed the other day and if I can figure out something to do with it, then we will likely harvest more this fall.

Hide contents

:blink:

Ye gods.

Well spotted, that. 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Aryanun said:

From my high school miniature painting days- cannabis stems and seeds.  Might've even had a small flower or two attached as well, can't recall exactly since it's been over 2 1/2 decades.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, EvilJames said:

Reveal hidden contents

Uhm... ::o:

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Aryanun said:

He posted on Bookface that he was on the side of the road waiting on a tow truck.

So, I'll play the quizitor.

Bones.

Not Bonestm the very cool product made by our hosts, but bones, like from a once living creature.

Now, who was it that was thinking about making a skull throne?:devil:

• Like 9