arc_lich

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Mark.Bright
      This is the 22nd project my wife and I have worked side by side together on. Posted tbis on Facebook but first time adding our project to the forums. I hope you like our Interpretation of the KS  Mammoth not sure if the is a SKU for it. C&C more than welcome. Felt with it being a mammoth a more wintery theme should be more in keeping. Enjoy. Stay safe in these troubled times.

• By Rob Dean
      Being the timid fellow that I am, I wanted to be fairly sure that I had a chance of finishing a Minivember challenge before I announced it publicly. 

I enter miniatures into my painting log when the final basing and varnish coat are complete, and the “whatever” is ready for play.  I’ve recently resolved to relax and not worry too much about where the Muse(s) lead, as long as I’m getting something done.  So all plans are subject to change.  That said, I’ve had two things on my mind recently.  

The first is that I was in a Rangers of Shadowdeep game at Barrage, our local miniatures gaming convention, back in September, and decided that it was time to try to get it on the table.  For fun, I decided that I would fill out my small (1/72) plastic fantasy collection for this.  I looked over the book, and found this was what was called for:

I got a good start on this on a business trip last month.  I am also working toward “finishing” the army lists I’ve drawn up for my Portable Fantasy campaign:

But exactly what I’m going to end up painting is a bit unpredictable.

As posted in the November Speed/Army/Tabletop  goals thread, I’ve also got some vintage Broadsword Miniatures Rangers to round out a unit, and the much-deferred Goblin Carolers for my Winterfeast village.  There are also orcs for the campaign mass battle, some human cavalry, some historical Bronze Age Nubians and some additional giant war trolls.

I’ve already finished a couple of medieval(oid) human horse archers. (English and other mounted bowmen did not generally shoot from horseback, so these guys, Strelets plastics I’ve had sitting around since 2005 or so, are probably more at home in a fantasy setting anyway.)

I also finished the zombies (plus a couple of smaller Reraper Bones 5 monsters):

These were knocked out pretty rapidly with washes and drybrushing, with a deliberate choice to keep them subdued and semi-monochromatic.  I doubt zombies spend much time on hygiene…

For the trolls needed for Rangers, I had planned to use the Bones 1 (SKU 77159) Ghast.  As a 1/72 scale figure, they end up being 8 or so feet tall, so look more to me like something a human might stand a chance of fighting than something like a Dark Alliance 12 foot tall War Troll.  But, yesterday was apparently Trollfest, and I finished up the three troll/ghasts, a Dark Alliance War troll, and a Caesar Miniatures “something” from their currently-out-of-production “Adventurers” set.  They are shown here with a Strelets medieval city militiaman from last month, for scale:

That’s 18 figures down, so at least 12 to go.  I’m on vacation with no particular plans this week, and I’m also off the week of Thanksgiving, so that should be achievable.

• By maphatter
      The latest MODULAR DIGITAL BATTLEMAP expansion seeks to take the Meanderverse back in time and underwater to the glory days of this technological legend some say was a paradise - others a ferocious war machine. Dock at the Port, stroll through the Atlantean Water Gardens and explore the alien wonder of this mystical city on dry land - and then again after a cataclysm sinks it beneath the waves. Preview the campaign HERE. Launches July 21st on Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gametilewarehouse/meanders-5-rpg-modular-digital-battlemaps-atlantis

• By Mckenna35
      I know there are a few folks that do Bolt Action and similar 28mm wargaming (@buglips), so I thought I'd bounce this out there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tftb/world-war-ii-soviet-railroad?ref=discovery_recommendations

Story
      Railroads are an important means to transport troops, equipment, ammunition and all other kinds of supply to the front. Especially in a country as vast as the Soviet Union with it's endless steppes, only few reliable roads and no major rivers running in the direction of the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in World War II. 
      With this set of detailed buildings and rolling stock in 1/56 scale for 28mm figures you get the opportunity to recreate the crucial fighting around the Soviet railroad system.
      The kits focus on the major pieces of rolling stock available to the Soviet defenders: box cars, gondola cars and flat cars. And the mighty ALCo RSD-1 Diesel Engine which was made available under the US Lend-Lease Act.
      Also included is a typical rural train station with optional additional platforms for all who want to depict a Soviet - or captured German - supply depot, where heavy equipment like tanks and guns are being unloaded.
      And for all of you looking for an armored train - don't worry! We have you covered.
        Talking about railroad tracks:
      We did not see the need to reinvent the wheel, so all kits are designed to be used with
      4Ground Railroad Tracks (available as add-ons to the Kickstarter) or O Gauge Model Railroad Tracks The kits include optional parts enabling you to choose your favorite system while assembling. Going this route has allowed us to concentrate on designing and producing the rolling stock only, which has the advantage of an earlier fulfillment date for the Kickstarter.
      All models are highly detailed on the outside and inside. The interiors are easily accessible, as roofs are removable. In addition, all doors are moveable, which means you can open or close them during gameplay.

• By Ganryu Kojiro
      A Viking Girl sculpted by Bobby Jackson. She was a lot of fun to paint since she had a lot of canvas for freehand work. She is also my first serious effort at NMM, so that's a well I plan to return to.

I came to paint her when I asked my friends which model needed to get some love next. I presented a wizard, a ranger, and an armored lady fighter. One chimes in that she'd like to see the fighter (she being a practitioner of HEMA). Her boyfriend mentions something about boob armor. I said, no, she's got pretty normal armor. You want to see something egregious? THIS is egregious. My HEMA friend immediately says, "I'd like to change my vote." So here we are.

Here's the WIP thread for her. Here's my next piece.