Sign in to follow this  
hosercanadian

Hungry like the wolves

If my spamming of the board wasn't a hint, I managed to get some brush time today.  I quickly pushed through these wolves using nothing but wet-blending.

I know the shadow hound is supposed to be used for transparency effects, but I think it looks look as a less super-natural more unnatural beastie.

Tip for those who haven't learned it yet: if you let your base-coat/primer fully cure (2-3 days minimum) it won't rub off when you do wet-blending and heavy dry-brushing.  These had been sitting for a couple weeks primed while the other projects today were not cured yet.

Comments appreciated, rambling and more pics on my blog.

shadowhound1.JPG

shadowhound3.JPG

hellhounds1.JPG

Edited by hosercanadian
Forgot to add pics.
  • Like 20

Lol... nostalgia is awesome 

When you are old enough to have it and young enough to still reme.... what were we talking about?

Edited by Pillpeddler
  • Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Adrift
      Gullivar (02942) and the Hellhound (03609) are both metal; acquired them at the Reaper Factory a couple of years ago.
      The hellhound, as with the Bones version, has a slight gangsta lean - down and to the left. I previously thought it was just the Bones version.

These Bones orcs are the 8 green-skinned orcs to follow up on the purple-skinned (Dreadnaught) orcs I posted last month:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/82900-8-bones-orcs/&tab=comments#comment-1758789
      Did a weapon swap for this version of Kavorgh (77064) using a Bones Bugbear mace The Orc Stalker (77051) also got  a swap out when I cut off his knife and attached a skull shield which came from the Bones 3 Kickstarter weapons; he looks less stalker-ish now, but I liked it. Also featured are the Orc Slayer (77430), Orc Grunt (77429), Orc Berserker (77059), Orc Sniper (77056), Orc Hunter (77045), and Orc Marauder (77042)   

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Might as well stay on the translucent train...

Spacebo,
      Kev!
    • By Kev!
      Howdy,

For my twenty-ninth day of International Mini Painting Month I present a Hellhound from Descent JitD(2)...

Kev!
    • By londwch
      Okay so I dug around in the drawer and pulled out six unpainted bones that I got in my batch that I bought.

I gave them all a thorough scrub with a brush and warm soapy water and a toothbrush.  The ogre needed straightening up so I poured hot water over to readjust and then under cold to set.

I attached all six using superglue to fender washer bases.  I got this tip on you tube and have been sticking to it since I started this process.  They are running out so I will look for an alternative afterwards.  But these are good and solid and make a good base.

So now I have to decide which figure to work on....

I have not primed any and up until now I have primed using "151" matt black spray paint.  I did not know exactly what to use so I tried this when I began.   

I did pick up slightly after the photo and start to apply some blue to the Anhurian soldier using the same blue I mixed for a figure I was painting late last night.  But without primer it did not seem to want to settle very well.

The two figures I have seen painted are by Doctor Faust ; the hell hound and the ogre.   

Any comments/suggestions or generally helpful advice is gratefully welcomed.

• Who's Online   29 Members, 0 Anonymous, 42 Guests (See full list)