Sign in to follow this  
MGMPainting

19th Century Style Girl by RVDB

I've been gone from the forums for a while...but I need to start posting my stuff again! So here is the first non-commission figure of 2017. It's 19th Century Style Girl by Romain Van Den Bogaert. I went through 4 or 5 different ideas for her before anything stuck, and this one was just an accident, really. I was going to sculpt the top of a dress for her, then she was going to be a woods fairy, then she was going to have a flower wreath in her hair (which required me to learn to sculpt flowers!), then it was beads and a few flowers...but her face just looked so sad to me, even without paint. 

I'd love to know what you all think!

<3 Melissa

MGM Painting Melissa Powell 19th Century Style Girl Romain Van Den Bogaert 3-30-17 A.jpgMGM Painting Melissa Powell 19th Century Style Girl Romain Van Den Bogaert 3-30-17 B.jpgMGM Painting Melissa Powell 19th Century Style Girl Romain Van Den Bogaert 3-30-17 D.jpgMGM Painting Melissa Powell 19th Century Style Girl Romain Van Den Bogaert 3-30-17 C.jpg

Edited by MGMPainting
  • Like 18

16 hours ago, MGMPainting said:

...but her face just looked so sad to me, even without paint. 

The painting is very nice. She does have a reserved look to her, but I think it is the red nose and flushed cheeks that make her look as if she has been crying. 

• Like 2

Thanks. Yes, I sculpted them and added them on. I also sculpted the roses and berries in her hair. The beads in her hair are 0.5mm seed beads.

• Like 2

On 4/2/2017 at 5:03 PM, Inarah said:

The painting is very nice. She does have a reserved look to her, but I think it is the red nose and flushed cheeks that make her look as if she has been crying. 

This very much. Lovely work.

• Like 1