Custom Mice & Mystics Foamcore Insert

Talae

Mice & Mystics is a decent board game and a great one for playing with the family. Unfortunately, the box insert could not be more terrible. I didn't take a picture, but it is just one diver straight down the middle of the box. 

It is so terrible that I went searching online for a solution. After coming across a set of plans on BGG, I found that I was not alone in wanting a better solution. It took a couple of hours, but I now have a great game organizer. I modified things a little. Made a couple sections a little bigger, and added a flat piece to go on top of the components and beneath the tiles/rule books. 

Everything fits in the box, nice and snug with room for expansion(s) if I decide to buy some.

The first pic is the box opened, with the tiles and rule books I. The lid on the right. Note the cut corner on the foam board on the left:

IMG_0158.thumb.JPG.019ebd1251669cc96b680638e1633c87.JPG

This is what is looks like with the piece of foam board removed. Cards are sleeved. Room for lots more minis and a decent chunk more tokens:

IMG_0159.thumb.JPG.fa09d413a65ef43950097feaa7be9ec5.JPG

Two of the card holders are half the thickness of the third. One of the half height holders removed here, as well as the token tray. Under the token tray are the ability and character cards:

IMG_0160.thumb.JPG.c1fc8335f6867001949f483c019491b6.JPG

Everything removed from the box. You can see how this will help with gameplay, as well as storage:

IMG_0162.thumb.JPG.994c9b6dd21a43880c1c486d3015ec80.JPG

• Like 10

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used the foamcore bought on Amazon, but you could easily buy it at any office supply store. It was less than one sheet.

The bottom of each "box" is poster board that I bought for $.97 at Walmart. Used less than a sheet of that too.

For glue, I used regular liquid Elmer's glue.

Not sure exactly how long it took. I didn't work on it nonstop. I would guess 2-3 hours.

Biggest tips:

- Use a sharp blade for clean cuts.

- Cut nice 90 degree angles so things line up nicely..

• Like 4