pcktlnt

Captain Redbeard's Pirate Dwarves (RPE Miniatures)

Project: Captain Redbeard's Pirate Dwarves

About this project

Avast me hearties! Splice the mainbrace and beat to quarters, that galleon is bilged on her anchor and ripe for the picking! Bring us alongside Gibbs. Boomer, get ready on the gun! Pete my boy, are you loaded? Hefty, Sharktooth, Deadeye, follow me! Gyaaarh! 

This project is to fund production of a pirate dwarf crew, a set of unique miniatures forming a warband of adventuring buccaneers for skirmish gaming or a unit of mercenary fighters in a larger dwarf army. 
They are 28mm metal miniatures, sculpted by Mark Evans, who produced all the dwarf sculpts in our previous kickstarter. 

This time we have decided to offer only one pledge level, with all stretch goals being free additions to the set. If you want multiple sets just increase your pledge amount accordingly. 
Pledge price includes FREE SHIPPING in the UK and discounted shipping of just £2 for anywhere else worldwide.

7518d6a2674a62720da858a071f5d340_origina

If successfully funded each backer will receive one each of Captain Redbeard's crew plus any applicable stretch goals- 
1. Cap'n Redbeard   2. Bo'sun Gibbs   3. Deadeye Dan  
4. Hefty Hawkins      5. Slick Willie         6. Sharktooth Jack
7. Pigwash    8. Little Pete      9. Boomer Svensson and Swivel Gun

c939732b17da99016f52ece802f2554a_origina

The Captain himself. As gnarly a swashbucking, treasure-hungry dwarf as you could ever hope to meet. He'll fight anyone and anything if there's a promise of doubloons which makes his crew a useful mercenary force to bolster any dwarf army (just don't pay him in advance).

d11533a507689078cca949ca6d015c43_origina

The captain's trusted Bo'sun, often found leading boarding parties or manning the ship when the captain takes a raiding party ashore.

1f3b1754873355cdb1f42bf4a88350bf_origina

His aim is as good with his axe as with his pistol, as many an enemy has found out

6937f6ac1742b7b2ff8e7d5bca07b613_origina

Avast behind! The crew will often mutter about hefty, but not within earshot of him. If you have a door to kick down, a bear to wrestle or a sandwich to eat, he's your man.

5337489d452be53f66f4708d0ee4dae9_origina

The general opinion among the crew is the Willie fancies himself, with his goatee, ponytail and feather in his hat, he cares a bit too much about his appearance.

6ace8d0a65f1dc821e0c94d4ac824f0b_origina

Sharktooth is just a thorough git, a complete thug with a pair of wicked short knives that earned him his nickname. 

9bbf17fd9cf69eabe89f501c1b3332ac_origina

Rumour has it that Pigwash was once captain of his own ship, nobody knows for sure and nobody likes to ask because of that big axe he carries around.

5cab413f780992c9de060831d577ce01_origina

The smallest of the crew, some say he's overcompensating but with his blunderbuss he can clear a deck or blow a dwarf sized hole in a city gate.

1cdd7ddbaee8ab2c597253346dfef240_origina

He's got you covered, the swivel gun is small enough that the crew will often take it ashore for some extra firepower. 

Edited by pcktlnt
  • Like 3

I just finished painting their last KS. I will say there were some nice fun minis to paint... but yeah I have over 500 minis incoming on KS so I will regretfully pass... well probably.... maybe... Ok I'll see how stretch goals go.... 

• Like 1

While I won't be backing myself (an issue with funds, and too many Dwarfs, even Dwarf Pirates specifically already), I will say their previous Dwarf Kickstarter was of excellent quality.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Aard_Rinn
      For the last few months since Reapercon, I've been focusing on pumping out minis to avoid the rut I got into last year. When I saw that Reaper had released the ghost sailors as metal figures, well... I knew what one of my October projects was going to be. I loved these guys as part of the Bones IV kickstarter, but I've not enjoyed painting plastic minis as much since getting back into metals at the Reapercon melt table, so I was psyched to order them and put in an order that night... Most of the rest I had from Reapercon, although I think I picked up Labella there too.

Either way, these guys painted up gorgeous and easy using my go-to one-two spirit technique! As a firm believer in spooky blue ghosts, I started by priming them white, then giving them a couple layers of Irrisen Blue from the new Pathfinder paintset... My old blue standby was from the HD line and the bottle has faded to the point of illegibility, but it was almost identical. Then once it's dry, I drybrush heavily with Linen White (pure white comes out looking starched, and bluer whites don't show on the blue, but linen is perfect) and... call it a day. Decorate the bases, maybe some pizza... 's good. That said, minis painted using this technique meet my #1 requirement for ghost minis: They're distinctive on the table!

I debated doing some OSL, but decided that it would wash the bases out, unfortunately. I like it better this way, with the bases nice and grounded, and the ghosts spooky and glowing! Lots of fun base details on these, too - 10/10 recommend picking them up if you have any sort of use for them!

Miniatures involved (not enough tags for them all): 03965: Ghost Pirate Cook, 03966: Ghost Pirate Quartermaster, 03967: Ghost Pirate Captain, 03968: Ghost Pirate Bosun, 03969: Drowned Nymph Ghost: Banshee, 03718: Ghost Bride, 03475: Labella DeMornay, Banshee, 03170: Lurien, Ghost, 14168: Gauren, Necropolis Hero, 03799: Female Wraith

03965: Ghost Pirate Cook

03966: Ghost Pirate Quartermaster

03967: Ghost Pirate Captain

03968: Ghost Pirate Bosun

03969: Drowned Nymph Ghost: Banshee

03718: Ghost Bride

03475: Labella DeMornay, Banshee

03170: Lurien, Ghost

14168: Gauren, Necropolis Hero

03799: Female Wraith

Of all of these, if I had to pick favorites... Hm... Ghost Bride and Gauren. They took the drybrushing perfectly and are super-fun figures!
    • By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2087444096/stonehaven-dwarves-vol-2/description

About
       "...Aulë made the dwarves strong to endure. Therefore they are stone-hard, stubborn, fast in friendship and in enmity, and they suffer toil and hunger and hurt of body more hardily than all other speaking peoples; and they live long, far beyond the span of Men, yet not forever."
      -J. R. R. Tolkien
      Dwarves really are the best! While they're often a bit rough around the edges, they have the best accents, are insatiably loot-hungry, and will fight anything that moves—so we are going to make a bunch more of them! 
      We've assembled them into adventuring parties to make it easier for us to pack and ship. You can add an additional adventuring party to your base reward for $22. Additional individual dwarves can be added to your base reward for $5 each. For a slightly larger view of the minis, check them out on our blog. Here are the adventuring parties:
      From Left to Right: Male Dwarven Brawler, Female Dwarven Bard, Male Dwarven Deathknight, Male Dwarven Druid, Female Dwarven Warrior
      The League seeks out the ancient dwarven knowledge hidden deep within the lost caverns. They hope that, in time, civilized dwarves will once again inhabit those hallowed halls. 
      From Left to Right: Male Dwarven Rogue, Female Dwarven Sheildbreaker, Male Dwarven Battlerager, Male Dwarven Mage, Female Dwarven Archer
      Hogg's Tavern is not the sort of place that anyone should visit . . . at least not anyone who values their life or health. Surprisingly, it has regulars. Its patrons are usually adventures past their prime or looking to make a name for themselves. 
      From Left to Right: Female Dwarven Mechanist, Male Dwarven Automaton, Male Dwarven Gunslinger, Female Dwarven Automage, Male Dwarven Investigator
      Not everyone has embraced the "advances" made in the Steam Valley workshops. When the Savages descended on the valley, the Seigebreakers and their constructs helped turn the tide against the invading armies.
      From Left to Right: Female Dwarven Vampire Hunter, Male Dwarven Undead Elite, Male Dwarven Necromancer, Female Dwarven Huntsman, Male Dwarven Warlord
      The lands beyond Raven's Gate are shrouded in perpetual mists and haunted by the undead. Only the very brave or the very foolish venture there. Why not both? 
      From Left to Right: Female Dwarven Barbarian, Female Dwarven Berserker, Female Dwarven Wandsmith, Male Dwarven Fighter, Male Dwarven Barbarian
      The Iron Hills are not an easy country to grow up in. There's bitter cold winters and orcish armies locked in perpetual combat. That's not even mentioning the greatwolves. No one ever mentions the greatwolves.
      Every Stretch Goal we hit will add more dwarves (or dwarf-related miniature items/companions) to the Completionist Set. When we have enough of these for a new adventuring party, a new party will be formed. Here are our stretch goals:
      At $7,500 the Female Dwarven Cleric will be unlocked and added to the Dwarves Vol. 2 Completionist Reward. She will also made available as a $5 add-on.  
      At $10,000 the Male Dwarven Buccaneer will be unlocked and added to the Dwaves Vol. 2 Completionist Reward. He will also be made available as a $5 add-on.
      As we hit these stretch goals, more dwarves will be unleashed!
    • By EvilJames
      Talk like a Pirate Day seems as good a day as any to start my Frostgrave: GA terrain thread. I'm making a bunch of Islands for a game I am running for two back to back conventions, Rock- Con and Gameholecon. I have a few Islands carved out of foam already and some bases for them cut from the leftover scraps of wall paneling for my basement room.
      Here are my first 3 before they are based. Already populated with other things I need to photograph.

Front and back of a piece of panel scrap. This piece wasn't the right size for any of my islands that I've cut, but that's alright I need to cut a few more and a beach anyway.

The two islands I have, ready for priming and painting. There is a third island but it's not based yet. I'm currently gluging to the "brick" side of the panel so the island rest evenly on the table. Should I continue that or would it make more sense to glue to the smooth side? The intent here is to have a bunch of bridges that connect the islands. I have some docks I got off of thigiverse that should work for this but I don't have enough of the parts printed to show.

Hopefully I'll have some time to work on this this weekend. It needs to be done before the last week of October.

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/263291121/desktophero-free-3d-printable-character-maker?ref=nav_search
    • By haldir
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/266656159/bestiary-3d-printable-models

As I backed Brayan's previous KS but never got my files (I got a email in regards to this KS) but a quick email response & I had my file that I backed + a bonus file. Love the look on the minis. The goblins can be new PC gobs for ReaperCon We Be Goblins. Love the Oriental dragon as well.
  • Who's Online   43 Members, 1 Anonymous, 429 Guests (See full list)