Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

David's Goblin Commander April Hangout

Following up on last month's Shaman figure, this month we're moving onto the Commander figure! Tonight was simply glueing him to the cork and then giving him a basecoat of brown liner. 

No automatic alt text available.

I expect to paint him basically the same way as the shaman, so this should go pretty smoothly...

*insert universe laughing at me here*

• Like 13

A tiny bit of work tonight. Mostly I did some arm swaps on a pair of goblins. 

Now I need to do some green stuffing to hide the ugly cuts....

• Like 8

A little more progress tonight. Getting the skin tones down, both on the goblins and the familiar. 

Still using Pumpkin Orange, but I mixed in a little Nut Brown to make the color a little more... something. And whatever the "something" is, I'm happy with the look. 

Image may contain: one or more people

Edited by David Brawley
  • Like 9

Spent this evening working on the face. Gonna need to tone down the teeth a little. 

Also, how did I forget to paint the feet too?!?

Edited by David Brawley
  • Like 11

Slow progress. A little bit more work on the skin, and base coating the armor with scorched metal.

I am really liking how his face is turning out. It doesn't really show, but I gave his lower lip a purple glaze. Think I need to make it stronger, but I don't want it to end up looking like this:

https://systemmastery.files.wordpress.com/2015/02/dd-movie.jpg?w=1200

• Like 7

Slow progress, but progress. At least I'm not still working on February's mini, right?

Image may contain: shoes

Edited by David Brawley
  • Like 7

Looks good, you still have a few more days of april...

Let me help you!

*** Holds stick with candybar in front of the Hamster***

• Like 1

On 4/6/2017 at 8:25 PM, David Brawley said:

Spent this evening working on the face. Gonna need to tone down the teeth a little. 

Also, how did I forget to paint the feet too?!?

They are stinky!!!

Oddly I choose this figure for a gobo in command for one of my RCon games.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2017 at 8:31 AM, Xherman1964 said:

Looks good, you still have a few more days of april...

Let me help you!

*** Holds stick with candybar in front of the Hamster***

Oooohhh.... Dark chocolate Milky Way... *grabby paws*

Well, he's almost done... 

Image may contain: one or more peopleImage may contain: one or more peopleNo automatic alt text available.No automatic alt text available.

And so are these little snots...

No automatic alt text available.Image may contain: one or more people

Rather hard to get good shots of them as they're all kinda hunched... Ah well. 

• Like 6

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      This is my most ambitious attempt to date.  A mini-campaign I’m running some people through calls for many kobolds of varying colors and classes.  I had 12 Kobolds from Bones I, the 4 pack in metal that those were based off of (03064), the metal Leader and Sorcerer (03024), the 12 awesome new kobolds from Bones 4, and a 7 pack (I may have gotten a freebie, I thought I bought a six pack) of kobolds from the Ral Partha TSR Official D&D 2nd Edition line, stamped 1989.  That’s a whopping 37 figures.  I want to paint tribes from all 5 chromatic factions, and want to have as few duplicate poses per faction possible.  The Ral Partha kobolds have a more simian or canine face compared to the more reptilian face of the Reaper models, but I’m still going to fold those into each faction.  The Adventure calls out a Cleric (Red) a Ranger, (Green) and a Sorcerer (Green).  Those are the only ones with specific art, and I have models representative of each present without need for modification.  Also, I am not planning to add to the bases at all.

And I want to finish all of this in about a month (unlikely)!

Wish me luck!
    • By Oldwolf359
      Found this girl i painted up about a year ago using reaper paints from bones KS 2 and 3, the sword hand is from a gw mini the sword is brass etch,  C&C welcome t know the eyes are badly done

• By Prex
      I'm working up the nerve to start the larger mushroom characters from the darkreach expansion with this little guy. I really wanted to see what a bright colour scheme would do for the figures, playing on the idea of a brightly posionous mushroom. This is the result.

• By Cygnwulf
      ******EDIT : Jump to Show-Off thread

Everyone, meet Viridius.  

He's a hefty boi.  No Ma'al or Kalladrax, but still pretty big. He doesn't even fit in my light box, as you can see.   
      I've thought a long time about how I was going to paint him up, I don't think I'm going to go with the standard green dragon look.  Instead I'm going to take my inspiration from the time of year, and make him an autumn forest dragon, whose coloration changes with the forest around him.   So I'll be doing him in mostly golden yellows to oranges and reds, but keeping some greenish tones as the base of scales and other places, to kind of give a reminder of the verdent glory he was before.

One thing I'm choosing to see as an opportunity is that the tops of his wings are very smooth, ideal for some freehand work.  The question is, what to do?  Some kind of leaf like pattern, or perhaps a butterfly like eye pattern (in the leaf colors, of course)

Out of the box bag he was in pretty good shape.  The usual mold line cleanup, though he has some gaps that will need to be filled.  I followed up with reshaping the wings a little with some boiling water.  I forgot to get a complete before picture, but below you can see the before and after for the right wing

I've had to fully assemble him, I don't like the way the wing joins look without greenstuff, so that's going to be the first order of business.  So painting around the wings might be a chore, but it's nothing I haven't dealt with before (Although, not in recent history)

I begain the gapfill on the right side, but after sticking a finger in greenstuff twice and having to flip him back to touch up the texture, I decided to call it a night and do the left side gaps later.

• By Maglok
      Oddly these are the first two models I painted up from Bones 4. It just sorta happened. Added a bit of 'stuff' to the altar, the books alone seemed a bit empty.

• Who's Online   27 Members, 1 Anonymous, 74 Guests (See full list)